Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question about turbo installation placement. I was watching one of those daytime car mod shows, and there was a guy putting a new turbo in his already cramped engine bay. He decided to mount it further down the exhaust line under his vehicle near the cat, then he ran his intake lines back up to his block. It occured to me that this would cause a lot more turbo lag or possibly less boost pressure. He also mentioned that his turbo setup would run a lot cooler (which makes sense to me) than if he would have installed it in the engine bay.

Do any of you experienced turbo'ers know for sure what effects that would have?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i dont even have a turbo and i can tell you, you will have massive turbo lag with that and it's probably not the greatest idea seeing as how much road debree beats the crap out of the bottom of the car let alone rust the shit outta everything down there. You could easily bust a oil line with it down there. That sounds like such a bad idea for so many reasons

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replys - those links really helped SixSick6. I noticed that the kits that ststurbo does have the air filter mounted remotely too, I'm pretty sure the guy I was watching on that gay tv show ran pipes back to his air intake.

Does having a remote turbo sucking air from your stockly-placed(under hood) air filter cause any additional problems? Or would that not matter since its all at atmospheric pressure too. :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.