Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok got a question.. what kinda hp is a turboed lx make..just a stock lx with the gt trannx exedy clutch and cai to the turbo.. also what will it run in the 1/4

·
Registered
514 Posts
well there is alot of facorts that are involved there like how many psi of boost, tire and suspesion condition and how good the driver is just to name a few.

G

·
turbocutlass said:
well its lowered its got good as$ tires and im wanting to run like 10psi
Your main problem is being able to succesfully stay rich when you have 210cc injectors and a 8.5:1 compression ratio. Good luck with 10 psi.

·
Registered
514 Posts
FlySwat said:
Your main problem is being able to succesfully stay rich when you have 210cc injectors and a 8.5:1 compression ratio. Good luck with 10 psi.
Totaly agree I think most of theturbo lx guys are runing under 5 psi but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Totaly agree I think most of theturbo lx guys are runing under 5 psi but I may be wrong.
Where did you get this idea??? The stock wastegate doesn't open until 7.3 psi, so assuming they just bolted on the GT turbo (which is what the ones who have done this, or are doin this do) then they are already at 7.3 psi. The problem is with the injectors, but there are ways around this.

with general math we get approximate numbers, assuming alot (same VE, etc) then the gt motor, with 7.8:1 compression makes 145 hp, the same motor with 8.6:1 compression will make about 165 hp, so there is an idea of the difference. I will post dyno sheets when my car is done, and give ppl real answers to these questions, problem is I probably won't be done till april

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was worried about n/a injectors as well with just a simple nitrous kit. The 220s the n/as have seem to be just not enough. Last thing ya need is detenation on any block. So my remedy was to simply swap the originals for a set 330s from the GT. The injectors alone with a pressure regular change, renders more response and power. I recently got some injectors from two rx-7s in the junkyard. I've read that those are 550 injectors. But i'm gonna get them blueprinted and flow tested before installation. I'll keep ya posted. I also got the fuel pump from the rx-7. All better... All free.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
and how are you controlling these injectors??? With the 330 cc injectors, you should idle like crap, with the 550 cc, I doubt you will be able to make your car run, unless you have a complete standalone engine management system. Stock dx ecu, nfw

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hhmm.. Never thought about that... It does idle a little higher than normal (around 1K during warm up and 850- 900 after), but other than that it runs great. Stronger and more responsive. I haven't installed the RX-7 injectors, nor have I had them flow tested, cleaned, blueprinted, or anything. But I'll certainly keep that in mind

G

·
Darion said:
Hhmm.. Never thought about that... It does idle a little higher than normal (around 1K during warm up and 850- 900 after), but other than that it runs great. Stronger and more responsive. I haven't installed the RX-7 injectors, nor have I had them flow tested, cleaned, blueprinted, or anything. But I'll certainly keep that in mind
Technically, it shouldn't idle higher, it should bog. Higher idle would be caused by more air flowing into the cylinder. Your keeping the same amount of air, but flowing more fuel. The extra fuel will not burn all the way and you'll end up running massively rich, causing the engine to idle very rough.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
did you turbo your dx motor, or swap in a gt motor w/ecu. If you have the dx/lx ecu, then I am gonna call BS on this, simply because you say it idles great. Thats impossible, if you are using the dx/lx ecu and are running the 88-89 310 ccs, or the 90-92 330cc injectors, there is no way it will idle fine, it will idle like crap. That is the biggest problem with turboin the F2

Also what boost levels are you runnin??? On your webpage you say you have venolia 9.5:1 cr pistons installed, thats a pretty high cr for a "turboed" motor running a 75 shot of N20 Actually screw it, you have a camera show me pics of your engine bay

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Dex said:
did you turbo your dx motor, or swap in a gt motor w/ecu. If you have the dx/lx ecu, then I am gonna call BS on this
I can't see where he mentions anything about having a turbo, where did you read that?

Dex said:
Also what boost levels are you runnin??? On your webpage you say you have venolia 9.5:1 cr pistons installed, thats a pretty high cr for a "turboed" motor running a 75 shot of N20
Maybe because it's not turboed, or did I miss something?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I think he spells it out (along with a wish list that's gonna leave santa scratching his balls) on his web page.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wow.. You folks make me wish I could get a hold of a camera.... Or if anyone lives near Ohio, I could show ya....

But anyways, I do not have a turbo. Nor did I ever mention a turbo. Duh the DX ECu would not work. I know that. Glad you realized it as well. Yes I do have a ZEX system installed. But I suppose, you'll have to wait for a camera on that one. I also have the 330 injectors installed. No problem with my idle except for it being a little high. You say I should have problems. Did you have that problem when you installed you 330 injectors on your DX? Oh wait... I don't think you have ever even tried it... :confused: My performance is NOT hurt. And the idea for the injectors and the pump came after reading about my kit and realizing I never want to run lean. So a little saturation when needed and pressure adjustments.. I'm runnin just fine. Everyone is always so quick to call Bullshyt.....Just cause you don't have it, soesn't mean someone else can't have it.

Oh well. Talk whatcha know... Know whatcha talk.

Definately getting a camera... I see it's almost a necessity here on MX6.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts