Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there's this guy from around my area with a misubishi starion.. and last night.. i was coming home from work and he was revvin at me.. again.so this time we finally lined up.. and man i cannot believe he actually kept up with me.. i took off at the line.. shifter at 5K RPM at both 2nd and 3rd.. and i didnt even burn him all that much.. maybe a car length or two.. u can hear him blowin off everytime he switch.. he had a loud ass blow-off valve...any of u guys know the SPECS on a mitsubishi starion turbo? are theese fast?! well i smoked him anyway..

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Mitsu Starion TSi came with a 2.5 turbo. The HP they put out I believe is around 190. I'm not sure of the torque, which is very important and it the reason the MX6 GT is such a fast car.

I have a 1991 GT and raced a Starion turbo just once. It was a easy victory for me but it could be because the Starion was coughing and probably lost some power.

Anyway that is a good win on your part.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Starion

This Starion was pretty juiced up tho- exhaust,intake,blow-off valve, maybe more.. could it be that its just too old? i mean i shifted at 6k on first gear and 5K RPM on both 2nd and 3rd gear... and stll was able to beat him with 2-3 car lengths.. it looked nice tho, for an old boxy car, itlooks aiite..
could it be that its just too old? or was it juss a kill..

·
Registered
332 Posts
The age is not really a factor but how it was taken care of is. I have 1991 MX6 GT and I have taken great care of it over the ten years I have owned it. Still runs real strong. But if the car was beat on and not taken car of, it could run like crap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts