Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
mx-6 turbo mods question?

I'am planing on turbocharge a mx-6 V6, but am not quite sure what else do i need besides what i have found already, i heard of the MIMI turbo kit, and found pistons, bearings, etc. on the web, but i'am confused if i need a performance camshaft, and inyectors, i know i have to change the fuel pump and buy a fuel managment. Here i'am going to put a list of what i have found, and if somebody can tell me what else do i need. plz

Here are the engine mods:

Complete Gasket Set
Hussey Copper Gasket
ROSS/Wiseco Forged Pistons
(86, 85, 85.5mm bore) and
(9.1-1, 10.1-1 comp ratio)
ROSS Performance Rings
Performance Wrist Pins
TOGA HP Main Bearings
TOGA HP Rod Bearings
Thrust Washers
Timing Belt

Here is the MIMI turbo kit:

-Garrett T3/T4OE turbo
-Uppipe 2"-2.75
-Collectors 1.75"
-Downpipe 2.5"
-Intercooler piping:
Cold I/C Pipe 2.5"
Hot I/C Pipe 2.25"
-Intercooler: 550mm x 140mm x 65mm
-Gaskets and all proper Hardware
-Oil Feed Line
-Oil Drain
-Wastegate - 38mm
-BOV (XS replica)
-All Fittings
-Tbolt Clamps
-turbo blanket (heat wrap)

My questions are:
1- do i need some kind of diferent inyectors?
2- Would the stock camshaft handle 14 - 16 psi on a kl-03
3- Is there something else that i need?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not too much. The stock injectors sorta suck. I wouldn't boost at all without changing them to be honest. The Millenia S injectors drop right in for an easy injector upgrade, or if you are looking for more, you can modify your fuel rail a bit and add bigger ones. I think there is a writeup on probetalk on how to do it.

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
5psi would be max. You can also go with nissan injectors if you modify the rails slightly (side feed nissans). I currently run SR20DET injectors, which are 370cc.

Forget the stage 2 clutch...its garbage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aren't they other type of injectors, like HKS or Greddy high flow fuel injectors and other types, what can somebody tell me about this injectors. Are they worth buying? And will they be enough for boosting up to 14 psi?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
you can mod the stock nissan red top injectors to flow 550 ccs. i ma running 14psi of boost and they work great for me. dont get a clutch master clutch, they simply suck, and it will NOT hold up to higher boost. spec and act makes good clutchs. i am running a competion clutch stage 5 right now and it hasnt sliped yet.

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
Porkitch said:
Venom 10% more flow injectors?? thats what i got but my cars all motor
how much did u pay for those, cuz i know you can just pocket those red top injectors from a junkyard that white94pgt just mentioned. plus i doubt that 10% more flow would keep up with flow needed for a turbo application.

·
Registered
283 Posts
nissan injectors are high flow and can actually be modified to to upwards of 700cc ... someone actually did a write up on it on probetalk.com ill see if i can find it for you when i get home from work tonight...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have seen in some turbo kits on internet that they only replace 2 injectors, in the case of the 2.0 l4. But in my case the V6 is 6 injectors, how many injectors i have to replace?, can somebody explain me this, beacause i really don't know

·
Registered
207 Posts
i think www.racingmazda.com has 880cc injectors or something like that for 100.00 US each that fit our cars, oh and what is better peek and hold or Saturated injectors?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Some people on internet are offering me a turbo kit for the V6, but they told me that i could use a single add-on injector system, rather then changing all the injectors. What can somebody recomend me about this?
This "single add on injector system" they talk about it just an added injector to the intake track. You then have an "extra injector controller" that limits the amount of fuel being sprayed at a specific boost level.

I woudl definitly stay away from this form of fuel management with the kind of HP/Boost numbers you want to run. The 370cc nissan injectors are good for up to 350whp.

As for the clutch, i would definitly stay away from the CM series all together. I am using a spec stage 3, sprung, 6 puck clutch, and it holds like a charm! I would highly recomend it!

Its seems that before you start tackeling anything else, you really need to do alot more research on everything, from how a turbo setup works, tuning, fuel, pretty much everything! Im not saying dont go for it, im just saying you should look into this alot more before tackeling a job of this magnitude!

Ryan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll be doing this job like on the year 2007 since i don't have the money, I'am doing my research with time while i gather the money. and i will give this job to a workshop that work specially on turbos, but i have much to learn yet. Thanks a lot janz99!

And tell me one more thing, will be worth buying a fidanza flywheel 9 lbs. for this turbo system? I mean like will it work well?

·
Registered
550 Posts
where are you at in costa rica

1 - 20 of 35 Posts