Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What description of the turbo oil feed line can I give a shop for them to make one that perfectly fits our turbo ?.. like the length an stuff like that. ( oh and I heard like anyshop can make me one like a break shops is that ture ? )

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it doesn't exist

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh I dont have one.. I was just told to go to a turbo shop and ask for a high temp, oil resistant hose with AN fittings , so Ill just try that.. how long should it be ?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not rubber.. I think its called "braided steel" or something.. so I could move it around and stuff idunno.. ok ill try the webpage thanks

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
itscard0man said:
I think its called "braided steel" or something..
Braided steel is not stock -- stock is a pre-bent hard steel (stainless steel) somewhat like a brake line.

I'm betting the stock part (even a brand new stock one) would be considerably cheaper than aftermarket braided line (and fittings).

Is this the stock IHI in the stock position?

Are you driving it with no oil feed or is it just parked?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea its the stock turbo.. im driving it with it taken out .. so now im tyring to track everything down to put it back in.. hopefully this is the last thing I need to get.. is there anywhere I could go for like a listing for everything I need to put it in ?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok I went looking and I heard I could use one of these.. so which one do you guys suggest ?.. and I need one of the cheapest one they have

Click here to see them

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
itscard0man said:
yea its the stock turbo.. im driving it with it taken out ..
Don't worry, it won't be turbo for long.

~Chris

G

·
You can get a pipe bender for small pipe for $15 at any autoparts store.

They will usually even put a fitting on a piece of pipe for you there.

It doesn't get much simpler than that.

EDIT: Or better yet, I'll sell you a stock oil line for $15 Shipped. Paypal me if you want it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imagoonmx6 said:
Don't worry, it won't be turbo for long.

~Chris
lol I meant.. yes I have the stock turbo, and im driving the car with no turbo in it. I want to buy it from you flyswat but I dont have paypal..

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
oooo really.. what AN do I need 4,6,8, or 10.. and you are 100% sure that those braided steel hoses can take the oil and temperature right ?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
but u are sure I could use one right ?.. do you know how long it should be ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts