Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As previously posted twice over the last month, I still have the Turbo over boost problem with the engine cutting out accompanied by alarm. OK, I'm not getting any help from the forum as what to do to remedy this problem, so I would like to know if anyone with a GT has ever heard or experienced this problem? I know someone in the world of Turbo Mazda MX-6's has had this problem before. Come on. Post a reply and let me know something........:confused:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You have said that you have a chip; but if you do it is not performing one of the functions it is suppose to. Time to pull out the computer and verify that a chip is in there; and if it is then you should send the computer off again to have it reprogramed to remvoe boost cut.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Manifest, I don't have an aftermarket chip. Is there a place you know of that reprograms stock chips? If so, money is not an object as I plan on keeping this car forever. I just want the engine to stop cutting out with the over boost I've gotten so used to.:D And is the chip inside the ECU or is it in some other place. Thanks in advance......

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can get it done for about $250 and he opimizes the ignition and fuel curve. Sets up the car to run on premium unleaded and gets rid of boost cut.

The ecu is located on the floor behind where the radio is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts