Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

I found a gt for 800 but here are the problem....

If the turbo is rattling, what could it be?
How much are the turbo upr grades? I am thinking of getting the rx7 turbo but what other fuel and intake mods should i get?

The auto trans is bad, how much could i expect to pay for a new trans to be put in...I heard on probetalk that the gearing for the N/A would be great on a GT but wouldn't last long, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn you guys, i hate when there is no responce. Hey anarchy, could you move this to the meneral section...

·
Registered
186 Posts
You mean the one on ebay? The turbo is probably bad and needs replacement. I don't know about prices for a fix.
The tranny could be had from a wrecking yard for mabye $300? Thats what my local yard charged my friend for a tranny for his Chevy Truck, so it might be a different price for the MX6. I would suggest swapping in a manual tranny. The N/A tranny would last long, since it isn't designed to handle the turbo's torque.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I would stay away from an auto unless you plan a manual swap. That can be a pain with new computer and everything.

·
Registered
711 Posts
New computer not needed for the swap. Rebuilds for the auto can be very expensive. I've heard as low as 1100 and as high as 2300.

·
Registered
711 Posts
According to Jay B, they interchange.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i do want a manual....but im not converting it. If i get a manual i get a manual...$800 isn't bad price...its great since there isnt any mx6 around here that i am interested in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts