Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put in a rebuild head, and i hook everything back up, and the car started and idel fine, maybe little high( idle at 1000 rpm) i put new oil filter and new oil new coolean, i put 10w30 oil in, i was going to let it run and little bit then change the oil again, just to clean the engine. this was what it looked like before http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115774 , anyway, it started to warm up, then i see white smoke coming out from the engine, so i shut off the engine, and look where the smoke coming from, it's from the bottom the turbo where the IC pipe hook up to, i guess that is the turbine, the smoke is coming under there, i check all the water, oil pipes, they all tight, does that mean the turbo leaking, water or oil in the turbo? it's only a little smoke, but is happen every time i start the car, i never give it more gas, just start, let it idle then smoke come out everytime. i have not drive the car yet, i don't want to burn the turbo. any ideas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no sweet smell, i don' remember it has any smell, i do smell the exhaust, but that could be because i didn't have the header or the exhaust tight down good, anyway, i don't think there is water in it, because i have the turbo sitting in the garage for a long long time, maybe a month or two, so any water in there should dry out. oh, i didn't not let it lay on the ground, i remeber someone's post say, if lay down the turbo, will mess up the shaft in it or something, so i have something hold it up just like it is on the car. but whatever, i just don't know why it smoke when it get warm and it happen everytime? maybe i should go under the car and check again. but only if it doesn't rain.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
yea... mexsco6rt is right.... its just an initial burn in from oils and such that are on your hands. I power cleaned all my parts before installing them and i still got smoke... but it was the paint burning in.... in my case

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, i will let it run longer next time see if it will burn off whatever is in it. hope it will go away, i really cant wait to test drive it.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Or its a piston ring not seating properly.
Like in my car

Was fine.
1500 Kilometers of soft driving,
1 track run.
Then on the way home from the track
OILLLLLLL BURNNNNNNn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts