Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I read that if you don't use the HKS harness that you just splice the 3 ignition wires in, easy enough right? WRONG!

I took the steering column cover off and looked and saw bout 4 connectors. I read that you splice like this:

RED -> BLACK
GREEN -> BLACK/WHITE
BLUE -> BLUE

Ok, I found a BLACK wire and a BLUE wire, but not a single friggen BLACK/WHITE wire!

I looked at all the connectors, since no one has specified which connector is the one to be used and there is no BLACK/WHITE wire.

The closest thing I could think of is to splice into this BLUE/WHITE, but I thought I would post here first.

Hope someone can shed some light on this whole ordeal.

Thanks

-Zook

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
581 Posts
the easiest way of doing this is look at the manula and what colors go to what kind of power.. constant/switched/starterwire

then go to www.bulldogsecurity.com and go to the wire diagrams.. and type mazda.. mx6 and your yr and it will tell you exactly what wires and colors

or just buy a testlight and do it your self.. ground the test light and put the probe into the wire while you turn the ign on

·
Registered
581 Posts
MAZDA MX6 1998-92 N/A
WIRE COLORS LOCATION
12 VOLTS CONSTANT BLK IGN HARNESS
IGNITION 1 BLK/WHT IGN HARNESS
IGNITION 2 BLK/RED IGN HARNESS
IGNITION 3 N/A NA
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 BLU IGN HARNESS
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 NA NA
STARTER BLK/YEL IGN HARNESS
PARKING LIGHTS WHT.GRN (+) @ LIGHT SWITCH OR AT FUSE BOX
DOMELIGHT RED/WHT (-)AT PIN SWITCH OR FUSE BOX
PWR DOOR LOCK ADD ACTUATOR IN DRV DOOR
PWR DOOR UNLOCK ADD ACTUATOR IN DRV DOOR *SEE DIAGRAM*
TRUNK RELEASE NA NA
TACH SENSOR YEL/BLU AT COIL OR TEST CONN
BRAKE
WHT/GRN(+) @ SWITCH ON BRAKE PEDALBRACKET
HORN
GRN/ORN(-) STEERING COLM
FACTORY DISARM
L GRN/BLK (-) DRV KICK PANEL
N/A

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I took the information from bull dog security also but the ignition wires is wrong.the black and yellow is the actual wire use looking for.I got mine to work fine.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ademan!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I didn't find a black/yellow wire either. Could someone take a picture of the right connector to splice into?

There is like 4-5 connectors under the steering column cover and there's tons of red and blue and black wires just no black/white or black/yellow.

Pics please :E

-Zook

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Zookinator said:
Ok, I didn't find a black/yellow wire either. Could someone take a picture of the right connector to splice into?

There is like 4-5 connectors under the steering column cover and there's tons of red and blue and black wires just no black/white or black/yellow.

Pics please :E

-Zook
its a thick black and yellow wires.also know as starter.but its not starter.thats the ignition wire you want to use.
the 12 volt ignition,you can get it fron the battery or the constant ignition 12 volt.will the 12 volt accessary,get it from the factory accessary wires or the fuels block,thats the easire way.as for the brake and ground wire.just ground both.im too lazy to take off my steering colomn in order to take pic.but the starter/ignition harness black and yellow is what you looking for.if you still cant find it.i will take a pic for you.its under the steering colomn towards the right.

G

·
Zookinators trying to install this on his friends '88. The wiring between the '88 and '90 is quite different.

Does anyone have a mazda shop manual for '88?

·
Registered
182 Posts
OK I had a hell of alot of problems finding help installing my HKS turbo timer too.

I bought the ZT-1 harness and that was garbage... No matter what I did or how I hooked it up, it would never work.

Here is what I did to get it to work.

Under the steering column, find that blue wire, and splice into that (for ignition I think)

For the other 2 wires, just use a test light and test your fuses beside the pedals for the type you need. I hooked mine up directly to the fuse and pushed the fuse in with the wire attached to one leg of the fuse.

Do that, and the turbo timer will work. That is how I had to do it.

Sorry for being so un-detailed but I dont have the manual or my car beside me lol so I am telling you from the top of my head. Please ask me any further questions if you need and I'll check up on em for you.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Are you looking only in the steering column or in the lower part of the dash underneath the steering column? If you take off that whole lower cover you can get at all the wires easily. You might have to dig, but it'll be easy to find the three wires from the steering wheel harness (they're all right together) where they connect to the vehicle harness. They're in pairs (four wires), with one of them not being used

My type-1 HKS TT went in like a breeze. I used the ZT-1 harness and had it up in the time it took to get to the plugs. even used the harness to splice in my remote-start so I didn't touch the vehicles wiring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.