Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to hook up my turbo timer. It has three wires neg,pos and ignition. I have correctly hooked them up but when turning car off turbo timer doesnt work. Ihave tryed earthing out ign wire then turbo timer comes on. I think maybe the ignition circuit may still have pos current when i turn vehicle off to acesoiries which makes tbo timer not work. if i turn car completely off then back on timer will come on. Any help would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Are you using the HKS with the harness?

I had the exact same problem. The ZT-1 harness didnt work at all.

I spliced into the blue ignition wire under the steering column and the rest I tapped directly into the fuse.

That's the only way I ever got mine to work and now it's working absolutely fine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The turbo timer that i have is just a standard cheap timer which is manually adjusted. it has only three wires. how do i get aroung that parking brake ground. I tryed using the blue wire but still no go

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Blue wire shoulg go to the ACC line. then Black ground and red constant +12. Double check these.

okay, obvious out of the way. Are there any other connections or terminals or anything besides the three wires coming out of it? maybe somewhere a wire should be coming out? What exact brand is it?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
red on constant, black is earthed and yellow is on ignition. If i turn the key to ignition and then turn off turbo timer works. But if i start the car and then turn off nothing happens. The timer has limited instructions it just tells me where the three wires go and yellow is to ignition

·
Registered
772 Posts
I think you want your yellow wire connected to the ACC.

There should be 4 settings on the key barrel. Lock, Acc, On and Start.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
longy0069 said:
The turbo timer that i have is just a standard cheap timer which is manually adjusted. it has only three wires. how do i get aroung that parking brake ground. I tryed using the blue wire but still no go
most tirmmer i have seen and install had 4-6 wires.
red 12 volt constant
blue 12 volt accessaries
green 12 volt ignition,this is what make the timer actually works.
black is ground
also some timer comes with grey or brown which is for parking brake.dont woory about this just ground it.

why the timer do not work most of the time is because of the ignition wire.even the hks harness are wrong.
mx6/probe comes with 3 different ignition wires.the one you really need is the yellow/black wires.if you have a print out from bulldogsecurity.com.its says ignition 3+starter wire.thats your wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts