Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man i pissed my self off today. I was installing a Greddy turbo timer in my car and used the factory manual to get the right wires connected. Thinking I had it properly wired, I turned on my car and pressed the power button on the timer, all of the sudden the bastard started smoking. I opened it up and it was toasted. I was wondering if any one has a Greedy turbo timer in their 6, even though they dont have a wiring kit for our cars. Its a good thing I didnt pay for it, it used to be my friends. Im getting the new HKS turbo timer with all the cool measuring functions ( like a G-TECH meter), next week. Its a good thing HKS has a wiring kit for our cars. Later.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A turbo timer is an electronic unit that alows you to leave the engine running without the keys in the ignition. Instead of waiting in your car till it cools down after driving hard, you can program it to let it run from 30 sec. to 10 min. After you set the timer it counts down to the desired time and turns the car off. It comes in handy when your in a hurry. The reason its called a turbo timer is because it helps cool the turbo down, thus extending the life of your turbo and your engine. Got any questions post them, later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts