Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my 6 for 3.5 years its a GT with 4ws. . . mods include . . . intrax, 17's, exhaust, intake, 10 psi (MBC), momo wheel, stereo, fresh black paint, strut tower bar and various cosmetic upgrades - mostly interior. I've put 100 000 km on my car for a grand total of 222 000km (that's 132 000 miles for you yanks). I've been good to her but it's time for an overhaul, new clutch, chip and a much anticipated turbo upgrade. Please let me tap the pool of infinate mx6 wisdom of my elder's . . . help me.

1. I'm in Ottawa - any recomondations on a good mechanic to rebuild my engine or a good source for used (healthy) gt engines. (I'm willing to drive for quality work)

2. Turbo/intercooler upgrade options

3. Chip upgrade options.

4. ACT still the clutch to use??? which stage???

Thanks . . . money is an issue . . . I'm working with around 7000 cdn or 5000 US

oh . .. if I were to use a stock engine what can I realistically hope to get out f her with proper engine management???

Thanks again . . . HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
1. I'm not familiar with the area so I have no idea.
2. You could always go with a t-bird hybrid. Not too much better than stock but it is a start. From jbrun's dyno it's safe to say that going any higher that 17 psi with that turbo is out of its efficiency range. Any different turbo will require a custom tuned chip or standalone or your nice motor will go south within a few miles. (something I found out the hard way) Also, JGStools has a very good intercooler. www.jgstools.com/turbo Or you could always go for an ebay one.
3. Zombie chip www.injecttech.com
4. ACT is a very good clutch. Never heard anything negative about them. What are your goals with the car? Daily driving? Lots of drag racing? It's important to know these things to choose the proper clutch.

·
Registered
476 Posts
if you want a good mechanic fairly close, my shop can rebuild and do custom work for you p.m. me (we're dubed "the import specialests")

·
Registered
476 Posts
FlySwat said:
Yet your drive a 5.0 Mustang....

Ironic.
ya..kinda is..i actually don't drive tha 5.0..actually never have due to the fact that the wife doesn't wanna drive stick, especially rwd

we mostly work on europian cars such as benz's. bmw's, audi's,jag's and porches ..pretty much all the cars other people have a hard time fixing..but we've been getting more japinese cars because of our reputation with imports

1 - 5 of 5 Posts