Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can i do to know for sure if it is my turbo that is causing problems. My turbo dosent seem to be boosting normally and while boosting it kinda cuts out how can i test my turbo, and would it be a good idea to look for another one in a junkyard or something what would one cost there. Or what will it cost to rebuild mine??

·
Registered
666 Posts
You'll have to describe your problem a little better to tell if it's the turbo or not.
As far as looking for one in a junkyard, I say go for it. You never know when you'll need another one. As far as a rebuild, Majestic Turbo in Waco, TX can do it for like $300, and same day turnaround. I got a junkyard turbo for $100, and it lasted me about 15000 miles.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
TexasMXgt, did you send yours there? Or did you find my post on this board?

Reason I ask, I was wondering what kind of job, and all that they did.

I actually called them, and spoke with them, they seemed real cool. Even offering to let me watch them rebuild it, AND teaching me a few more "tricks of the trade" about turbos.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nah, saw an advertisement in Car and Driver magazine, and called them. They were really nice to me too, and told me the same thing, that if I was ever in the area to stop on by.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts