Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As far as the 2.5L KLZE/KLDE engines go, I see you gain more power off a turbo then a SuperCharger
According to some of the guys on other forums (Probe Talk, MX-3.com) the best SuperCharger for a KLZE is a Eaton M62 SuperCharger?
Anyway, here is why I am even looking into supercharging a KLZE
-For one, I like the fact that S/C dont take a long ass time to install
-dont demand oil like a turbo
-more reliable
-dont generate as much heat as a turbo
-S/C gives you down-low power, and plenty of torque
-a rebuilt M62 is cheaper then a used Turbo system

I got a intresting question to you guys,
if you were to have 2 MX3s... I mean MX6s, one with a KLZE TurboCharged and another with a KLZE S/C, how bad would the turboed KLZE beat the S/C KLZE in the 1/4mile? Would it be by much?
I checked out Jeff Abram's website and found this,

according to the dyno, he got 231whp and 214ft torque.
Was that on a KLZE or KLDE?
Would gaining 70whp from a M62 S/C be believable to you guys?
What kind of gains would I expect?
Anyone got any advice as to why I should look into a turbo system instead?

·
Registered
283 Posts
lets not forget that a s/c takes power to make power where as a turbo is all gains concidering a turbo is ran of wastes from the motor. ive seen may people make 250whp EASY with a turbo set up ... i dont believe i have ever seen numbers like that come that easy with a s/c ... but then again i havnt seen to many s/c'd kl's so its gonna take some more input than just mine for you to get your answer ... S/c gurus needed! lol

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
lb(psi) for lb(psi) the turbo should make a little more power than the sc. the m62 that u talk of has the electric clutch so u have the option of driving ur entire rpm range na or on boost with the flick of a switch. and ur right about the cost, a sc will be alot cheaper and easier to install than a turbo. depending on the cost of ur sc and if u do the work urself, it can be done for around $650.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts