Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lookin at Turbos for my 6...can anyone tell me how much horsepower I will gain...?????

Thanx,

CoR

·
Registered
488 Posts
240-250 is considered the pratical limit without doing internal engine work, this is with approximately 9 psi. Over that and you are running very near the limit of what the stock connecting rod and pistons can take. That said Obnox has his 626 running at around 280 hp on stock internals, but he is running in to fuel starvation problems.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Greg S said:
240-250 is considered the pratical limit without doing internal engine work, this is with approximately 9 psi. Over that and you are running very near the limit of what the stock connecting rod and pistons can take. That said Obnox has his 626 running at around 280 hp on stock internals, but he is running in to fuel starvation problems.
Just a quick clarification Greg: Allan (Obnox) has a stroker kit in his 626 (Fortier's unused kit IIRC) and is theoretically capable of running up to 18PSI or more. I think on the dyno he spun the rollers to a spike of 315HP at the wheels (!) but a bad clutch prevented more. That, folks, is in the neighborhood of 395HP at the crankshaft. I hope I'm recalling this correctly...

But yes, his fuel woes are never ending, sadly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts