Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed TV in their car? I don't necessarily need a dvd player but I want to install TV just for the hell of it. I figure I should get local channels.
Anyone done this? Did it work? How was the reception in your area?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts

I did, but I am going to using a PS2, o, and that is a headrest monitor, 7" :tup:

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
that looks great Joker. what did you do with the HVAC controls?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Trent said:
that looks great Joker. what did you do with the HVAC controls?
nothing yet, probly putting them in the glovebox. I was going to put them where the ashtray is at, but I like it looking soooo clean the way it is, thats why I molded it in. O and to anyone that wants to put one in, use a smaller size than I did, its so close I had to cut the corners off the case and refiberglass them so that they would fit inside the bezel. BIG PITA but worth it in my opinion:)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

its a 7" flip out... i like it

·
Registered
947 Posts
Mx6Merker said:
how come u didnt do the controls hidden in the ashtray area???? and still have the flip plate to hide them
I was going to do that also when i got my DVD screen, it would take some mod though cause the size is off a little and i havent figured out how to size it up yet

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
if you look at the ashtray lid, it is attaced part way in the middle of the ashtray, that means it would hit the HVAC controls, and there is pretty much no way to relocate them to the side, without MAJOR modification, if you could do it at all

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I cut out a hole so it fit just right, then had to widen the side of the bezel so the corner would fit, then had to fiber glass all the sides. around the buttons was a pain though

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What I wanted to know was what TV reception problems anyone had....or if they could receive any channels at all

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
JoKeR6 said:
I cut out a hole so it fit just right, then had to widen the side of the bezel so the corner would fit, then had to fiber glass all the sides. around the buttons was a pain though

id remove the p/s airbag and put the ps2 and HVAC controls there somehow.

·
Registered
283 Posts
JoKeR6 said:
nothing yet, probly putting them in the glovebox. I was going to put them where the ashtray is at, but I like it looking soooo clean the way it is, thats why I molded it in. O and to anyone that wants to put one in, use a smaller size than I did, its so close I had to cut the corners off the case and refiberglass them so that they would fit inside the bezel. BIG PITA but worth it in my opinion:)
why dont you just put the havc controls behind the cover?

·
Registered
22 Posts
So, you removed the passenger airbag for a p/s, and the drivers side airbag is also gone due to the new steering wheel, right? Isn't that kind of, oh I don't know, dangerous? I never understood the idea of replacing the steering wheel, unless you are doing a full blown race set up with 4 point harnesses and all that crap. Anyone care to explain?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts