Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a tv tuner/dvd player, and the only channels i seem to get are the mex channels. I don't get the lower channels. I'm not expecting the best quality, just want some channels.

I went on sounddomain.com and searched but I didn't find much. I was hoping someone else on this board has found an ideal place to install their antenna or have any recommendation for an antenna. And if it is possible to install two antennas and use a splitt to join them.

This is my setup:

Screen: 7" TM-701 indash
HU: Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 using aux cable
DVD/TV Tuner: Luxma LDVD-120TV
Tuner Antenna: Farenheit installed in the top part of the rear window.

I installed the antenna upside down. My window is tinted. Also the tuner would not get any stations with both elements plugged in, so I just plugged in the right one.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
The tint can interfere. That said....

You will never get good reception in a car, it's like radio reception, only worse. It'll go in & out as you drive. As for improving it, it's hard to say, you just gotta play with it. :( First things first - While parked, put the antenna on the outside of the car (not mounted, just stck it up there) and see if that helps. If it does, you know that the tint may be contributing to the problem. Try radio Shack or similar, even a car audio shop - see if they have amplified antenna's that will work with your setup.

That's about all I can say, sorry.... :(

·
Registered
341 Posts
i just got my 6'' in-dash monitor, and i dont think that i'll get good reception, while moving, only dvd , but i'll talk to my friend from Comcast, and we'll see if they have any "cable tv/digital/.." for the cars.i dunno.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Cable TV for cars. Hmmm. For some reason, I don't think that'd work all that well.... :lol:

They do make digital satalite systems for cars, but they're big and ugly (think car top carrier) and therefor 99% of them are sold to RV owners, with the occasional semi or large van. They also start at over $2000 plus the monthly service. :E

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mxmissile said:
Cable TV for cars. Hmmm. For some reason, I don't think that'd work all that well.... :lol:
Yeah, I don't think it would work too well...the box is too big to fit anywhere and look good, jk :E But I did look up the satalite, and they do look ugly. The antennas on the Sirus/XM are ugly enough for me(and they are small!).

Thanks for the advice mxmissile, I think I will mess with the antenna later. I'm just happy I got the dvd player working. I've had my indash since April and barely starting to use it again(had an xbox, but it didn't read discs too well).

PS: If you are using the screen while driving(ie. music videos, movies, etc.), can you get a ticket? I'm in Cali.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
A really, really, REALLY big ticket.

And you don't have to be driving, either - it's illegal to have a video system with screens forward of the drivers headrest that operate with the parking brake off. Anything that shows video while the car is in motion must be mounted behind the drivers head. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts