Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one set of tweeters installed on the dashboard.
Yet I want to buy speakers for the front door.
I want to buy a set of Pioneers.
That speakers has also tweeters.
Don't I get so not to enough high in the sound?
Is it better to buy a set of speakers which don't have tweeters?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The stock tweeters are not that fantastic Bu they can be made better with a better cross over unit or points.

If your new speakers have a set of tweeters, are they the same shape and size of the stock ones, if so I would just swap them over.

The stock tweeter placement I have found to be ideal in our cars, I have a set of Infinity Kappa's 10t in my car and I swear by them. They handle everything, are loud and clear and very sweet.

If you can not get your old ones out or don't want to use them, then there is no reason why you can not use your new ones and put them on the door panel near the component speaker... Think twice about not buying a matching tweeter in a set.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tweeters I have are not the stock one.
It's a set of Pioneer placed nearly where the stocks are installed.
So I understand it's better to let the tweeters on the dashboard do let the job and to buy speakers in the front door without tweeters?

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you are happy with the tweeters that you have and the cross over frequencies are to your taste then keep them and yes get a set of mid range/midbass units, but check as most do come with a tweeters and not many shops like to separate components sets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts