Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where and what color are the wires for the two tweeters? The wiring harness I used didn't connect to the tweeters and thus no sound comes from them.. It's been like this for almost 2 years now, bout time I posted this question and get them hooked-up. :)

G

·
Dude, I have no idea what color they are but mine are still supposedly hooked up but I don't hear anything coming from them. I installed a new stereo but I only cut the wiring to the lamo speakers in the door panels and the rear. I can turn the treble all the way up and disconnect the door speakers and still hear nothing so I will assume that those speakers were never hooked up to amything. Maybe they are there only for looks.
Does anyone have any ideas? It is really easy to take the door panel off and disconnect the door speakers. I am wondering if anyone has anything coming from them. Maybe not. I have tweeters that I could put in there but they seem like a pain in the ass to remove so I haven't messed with them yet.

Later.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The tweeters come out by prying on the edge of them and they will unsnap. They should be wired in to the front speaker wires behind the radio, there's no other connection for them on the radio. I think mine worked when I got the car but I disconnected them 6 years ago when I put the first system in, so I couldn't say for sure.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tweeters worked with the factory deck and you could definately hear noise from them.. Since I put in my system a couple of years ago they haven't worked since. I know how to pry up the tweeter but I was wondering where I could find the our end of the wire so I could twist them into the front speakers. ie. Should I be looking for two wires for each side, two twisted into one behind the deck or one or something.. When I orginally installed the deck I spent a while looking for the other end of these wires with no luck so I figured **** it.. Anyway if someone could tell me where the tweeter wires lead and where I can find them ie. their color, it'd BE GREAT.

[Edited by shawnn on 01-04-2001 at 12:05 PM]

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
im glad i dont have the 6, i can just add em on with an amp, and crossover and im set! if you plan on splicing into the front speakers make sure you have a crossover. was the crossover built into the deck or was it an external/in-line?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Factory Tweeters. I didn't want to pop out the tweeter and find the end that way.. The wire seemed to be in there pretty good, too much ****in around.. I'm wondering where the deck end of the tweeter wire can be found. If someone could tell what color wire and what to look for it's be great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts