Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you all think of a twin charger on a klde engine? (supercharger and turbocharger combo) to build boost throughout the rpm band with the supercharger and a big turbo to bring out top end power

.... i would have to rebuild the DE since it is out of the car because i put in ZE i could invest time and money building it for the boost but should achieve a faster 0-60 and a greater top speed

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i'm sure people have discussed this many a time, especially in the FORCED INDUCTION section. however, twin anything in the mx6 engine bay.............. you'll have a tough time fitting it. fitting one by itself already involves relocating the battery, etc. so have fun with that

·
Registered
141 Posts
just buy a big turbo, then get megasquirt and use the launch control. you'll soon see that a little lag on a turbo v6 is ok otherwise you just burn rubber.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
I believe someone on probetalk has done it, but their engine bay has more room to work in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was thinking of a relocation of the battery then placing say an m90 supercharger in its place and running initial boost off of that, and since it will handle most of the rpm range i could run something similar to an sts turbo setup, thats placing it further down the exhaust without any lag.... it should end up having the same amount of room as any turboed 6 but way more power

·
Registered
83 Posts
you could mount the sc were the ac compressor is then run a normal turbo set-up. piping would be hell . its all in how much work you really want to put in to it. but space is your enemy in this one. i would just run the turbo its plenty fast.barly any lag. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts