Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a twin turbo kit for mx6 V6??? I saw a single turbo kit but not a twin turbo. Help Me Please!!

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Did you try to search? This topic is beaten off many times. TKT is the only one as known to make tt setup "kit". You would propably like to search on his name "tkt" too to see what people think about his stuff.

Basic question, why twins?

Mici

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Ummm... well then I must tell you that I was having so much more loss of traction with my small turbo setup than I'm having with my T4 setup. I really don't understand why people are always wanting to spool the turbo from idle. MX-6 is a FWD car afterall and FWD cars don't have too much of a traction when we are talking about something serious power wise.

TKT is your only option, I'm afraid, but those turbos are similar size turbos, not too different sized as I'm guessing you are willing to get. Running different sized turbos on each bank wouldn't rock either. Small turbo on other one would cause more restricition to other bank and that would pretty much end up in problems with bearings on engine.

I would get a nice single hybrid if you want to be somewhere mid ground on power and off-idle spool up.

I have full boost at around 3500 rpm and I really wouldn't want it any sooner.

I'm sorry if I sounded rude or something, but I was just trying to help. I've played in the forced induction scene 2 yrs...

Mici

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You make me realize something!! It's a FWD and power is not the best for the traction! Thank a lot

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Jeff in Atlanta is running a Twin Turbo setup!!

Unfooterz,
Don't do Turbo unless you build the Bottom end!!!

Jeff in Atlanta is running a Twin setup. He has some great knowledge first hand. He's the mechanic on the MX6.

Zoom Zoom,.. I'm interested in your TT setup,, Spring? Will you have this for a Intercooler setup?

I know that Rick at Racing Mazda can make me a single setup. But I think that the Twins would be INSANE>> and there is only 1 car right now that has that setup.

Bartley
I want to build the ultimate MX6 with lots of toys.
this is Juan's Twin Turbo MX6
http://www.cardomain.com/id/twinturbo6
})

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure I'm still interested but the price is still my problem...I dont want to put $10000 on a turbo kit!! If mazda guys are able to make my custom set up I'll give them a call for sure!! Thanks a lot Zoom Zoom!

·
Banned
272 Posts
While i highly recomend against a twin setup (single will always be more eficient and make more power) I can build somthin for you . I build all my setups custom to the customer's wants and needs, not a one size fits all .
contact me on aim , if you wanna shoot the **** .

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Re: Jeff in Atlanta is running a Twin Turbo setup!!

Bartley said:
Unfooterz,
Don't do Turbo unless you build the Bottom end!!!

Jeff in Atlanta is running a Twin setup. He has some great knowledge first hand. He's the mechanic on the MX6.

Zoom Zoom,.. I'm interested in your TT setup,, Spring? Will you have this for a Intercooler setup?

I know that Rick at Racing Mazda can make me a single setup. But I think that the Twins would be INSANE>> and there is only 1 car right now that has that setup.

Bartley
I want to build the ultimate MX6 with lots of toys.
this is Juan's Twin Turbo MX6
http://www.cardomain.com/id/twinturbo6
})
i know of 3 twin turbo'd 6's just offhand... 2 of which were at myrtle ;) (including juan's)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
WAIT "THERE'S MORE!!"""

Goat,
PS> I'm going to call you Goat ok!!
I'm sure your a nice person and crapp doesn't sound like you.

Please Tell. who are these guys/girls. I want to know who is running Twins. I know Jeff "Juan's" But who are the others. It's like finding the Gold Ticket in Willie Wonkas Chocolate Factory. Hahaha..

I just want to find out who hard it is to maintain and what type of setup. Placement of the turbos. Size's they chose. Did they build the bottom end?.. Etc...

thanks for the Turbo Up... "Heads Up" bad joke.. I'm back on medication.. Ankle surgury. Ouch..

Bartley})
PSS> how's the Dan Turbo setup? I'm thinking about his too.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Correction, guys. MX6 Performance will ONLY do single turbo setups. I talked to Tom today and he says twins will be too unreliable and way too expensive for us to make, plus you can just about forget about driving in snow/rain/dirt/gravel. I've always prefered a single BIG turbo to the two smaller snails. The biggest that we can provide for the MX6 (simply because anything more is too risky for us to give to our customers, on the chance they'll probably break something or other) is a T63 Turbo. We're also doing the hybrid T3/T04 setup as well. Email me if you have any other questions.
Crooks

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
MX6 Performance will be able to make you custom TT .......I talked to Tom today and he says twins will be too unreliable and way too expensive for us to make, plus you can just about FORGET about driving in snow/rain/dirt/gravel......... HAHAHA gotta love it when people type out of thier arse.

I know Jeff "Juan's" , you Mean JUAN'S while jeff is my roomate and helps alot, especially while I was in IRAQ, he niether owns the car, nor purchased the parts, put the setup togeather or even knows anything about imports or turbos for that matter. He's like the primere aircooled VW guy in georgia. top at what he does. So he has the tools etc. he does all the welding around here cause its his welder. I'm not saying my college education in Aerospace engineering with a minor in aviation maintanace makes me a rocket scientist or anything but I've had a twinturbo setup since 2000. look into when I joined the board, with this NAME! I've only been in Georgia since 2002. ANd have only known Jeff less then two years.( i understand he and bart talked while i was gone but assuming it was his was disconcerning) Yeah its unreliable! AS for the perverbial why twins.. well look into why porsche went twins, they explain it way better then I do. why tax one turbo at high rpms when you can have two doing the same job stresslessly. lower turbo heat, quiker spool, ( yeah its a front driver but you can control when it spools!)

sorry had to vent........... if your serious, and have any questions I could help you with. feel free to ask.
And hell for ten grand I'd sell my complete car! Damn who told you it was 10 g's?

sorry again I had to erase some of my more colourful prose.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Not to bash or anything but why do you guys think RX7 and Supra tuners remove the twin turbo setups and put one massive ass T88 in their place?? Because one turbo is more efficient, easier to tune, and is capable of producing the same amount of boost as two smaller turbos.

Our block is bullitproof for the most part. The stock rods, pistons, bearings, and retainers all suck ass. If anyone wants my opinion after trying 3 different sized turbos, go with one large T4 or a T3/T4 hybrid with a .63 stage 2 hotside and 57+ trim compressor. That is plenty of turbo to create 450 whp if pushed far enough. Add another turbo and you just create more heat, and more chance to destroy an engine. Not to mention its at least $700 cheaper to build a single turbo setup due to oil lines, draining, the turbo, and a bigger intercooler.

If you dont want to believe my experiences and opinion ask Mici or Corky Bell who wrote that famous Maxumum Boost book.

Dan

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thanks Doc :D That's all I was saying. I never said that twins would like destroy the car or anything like that, I just said that we wouldn't be making them because of the cost and the risk to the engine. We'd much rather focus on making the best single-turbo setup for the 2G than trying to separate focus between making single and twins. And the fact is, like Dr Brown said, a single-turbo is more reliable and easier to maintain than twins and can produce more than ample power. I'm not talking out of my arse, Tom and I have done considerable research in the area. Originally, we planned on doing twins, but fact is, single is more reliable and easier and cheaper to maintain.
Crooks

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Plus you don't see much gain on twins on this size engine.

Mici

1 - 16 of 16 Posts