Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has or even makes any kind of twin turbo setup for a 1st generation mx6. I just bought an 89GT 4ws for $200 and am trying to find out as much info. as I can. I would really like to get a twin turbo setup if possible.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You could probably have one made but I don't really see any use for it on a 4 cylinder car. Never heard of anyone making a kit for it at all. Mostly you use twin turbos for quicker spool up on larger engines, 6 cylinders and up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
They made some models of your year with a turbo. What you could do is search the junkyards for the turbo exhaust manifold and other hardware, and buy a larger turbo than what came factory. If you have the money to burn, find a way to fit an intercooler in it as well. A company called Spearco makes them in various sizes and shapes. Something they make would have to fit. You'll need to find a good shop to custom fit some of the hardware together, but many are skilled enough to do this. And to do a complete job, you'll want to increase fuel flow to help prevent detonation, and increase spark power to ensure efficient burning under the higher pressure. The low purchase cost of this car makes it a good candidate for a project car! Sounds like fun... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts