Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
two quick questions....first, does anyone know the size of the rear speakers? im looking to installl my 9x6 boston acoustics back there and i wonder if they will fit.....secondly, can you just buy the stop button for the cd player that comes from the factory? i have a 93 LS

·
Registered
47 Posts
According to Super Street, the rear speakers are 6x8's. Hope that I could be of some help to you. So, yes it would be possible to put the 6x9's in there as far as I know. :)

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
i had some guys put in a pair of JL 6x9's. i didn't do it myself and i'm not into all the installation lingo, but i vaguely remember the installers say they turned the retaining brackets upside down, drilled some holes, and mounted them from under the rear deck. (they told me they left to original screw holes in case i wanted to be the stock crap back in.) also, you might want to do a search this site on this subject. i'm sure it's been talked about before.
---------------------
Nelson

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The MX6 has 5X7 speakers all around. You CAN, however put in 6X9's in the rear by doing the following. Obviously remove the stock 5X7's first. Then you need to purchase a 6X9 speaker spacer that is available at any local shop. Then simply mount them from underneath the deck. I have a picture in my site somewhere but I can't remember.. maybe under modifications...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts