Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1124 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi All

Now that I have my exhaust fixed, I can do other stuff.

Props to member pigeon853 for the reminder to get the Cree 7W LED reverse lights. Just got them tonight and HOLY CRAP, if you don't have these - GET THEM!!

They are so Effing bright. - Pix Below is the Cree on the Right and plain jane halogen on the right. And final install below that. - This is ideal for people with tinted windows

I also wanted to take a peak to see what it would do for the corner lights. The ESPEC corners have a orange lens in the housing vs the NA which don't. The colour output is rather impressive. Different, but impressive.

However these will not work for corner indicators as they don't have the resister required to avoid the crazy flashy lights. Couple of pix below to show you what it would look like (Cree on the Left and plain jane on the right)

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hey All

Happy New Years to all of you.

My latest thing has been trying to sort out my HID High Beams. I've had them working in the past but recently blew the 100AMP Headlight Relay under the hood with some new ballasts I have.

I've been running the Morimoto 55W and had a spare pair of the 35W I wanted to run in the highbeams. What sets these Morimoto's apart from the rest of the eBay and other brands, it the fact that they have a Quick Strike option that instantly ignightes the HID bulb to full brightness, with almost no wait time. It is done using a capacitor that stores the initial charge to ignight and voila - uber instand on hid lights.

The problem I've had, the relay's I was using only power the low beams off the battery, high's were powered off the car wiring. I ended up daisy chaining another relay kit I ordered from theretrofitsource. Fixed the problem!

Also, for MANY people using HID in highbeams was pointless because you could flash on coming traffic. And see for your self

Using an iPhone to record - I changed the light focus level a couple of times throughout the video so you can see the results for yourself.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So ya... got bored on eBay the other week and bought these.

JSpec Tails. Just cleaning them up right now with some rubbing compound, and the one so far is really shinny. I will be selling them, don't know when....... make me a good offer?

Also bought alot more stuff.... will post as they arrive.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I know this is going to be a show off post - but this is a HUGE deal for me to get these.

My brand new ESpec Corners arrived via a Mazda dealer in the UK who ordered these things from Berlin. All the ESpec corners I've gotten have either been misrepresented in condition, quality etc. They've either been missing the f**ken brackets or the rubber seal has been sh1t. One additional bracket to hold the guys in place. 200 pounds to do this right.....

Anyways, there you have it + my new K&N filter which is going to be needed for my KLG4 + Millenia TB Mod coming soon.

Just a heads up, my car will be going in for DYNO next Saturday the 19th. I will be doing a before and after dyno when i get the new IM and TB installed. For those of you who are interested I am getting it done locally on the island 5252 Motorsports 778.426.3966 where torque and horsepower meet - Dyno

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Hi All

Back with my first new hord in a while. The new Audi A6 has been keeping me busy buying parts for it. But lets do the MX6 stuff first

My Millenia Throttle Body just showed up. IT IS SOOO CLEAN!! Even has the VRIS on it, and in great shape. The KLG4 IM will be here in the next couple of days. I will start grinding down the TB and doing the hourglass mode as well.

Now this is an Audi and MX6 combo update. I've ordered the new 5Five Morimoto Ballasts and XB35 Morimoto bulbs which will go into the MX6. The Audi will get the 3Five Morimoto Ballasts w/ 3Five bulbs.

The Audi right now has H1 halogen projectors, and due to the canbus design I'll also be adding the proper relay so it doesn't go stupid with bulb alerts. I've also bought some AMP extensions from The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications. FYI for those who are reading this for the first time. The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications makes the Morimoto ballasts that come with the quick strike, instant on HID system vs the slow to warm up ebay cheap brand

In addition to the new HID set, I've also ordered the new Cree LED H3 Bulbs for the Audi's projector based fog lights. These things are sick for the amount of light output they have, and the build quality is second to none. CF_Z did a recent mod to his fogs with another Ebay line of LED. I've not had the greatest luck with the build quality of those, but these ones changed the game. Pix below. I will post some before and after shots to show the difference in the Audi.

Can't wait to get the [email protected] IM, so physced!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Those Cree's look decent. The aluminum housing should help keep the LEDs cooled. As I wrote in CF_Z's thread LEDs heat up very differently from incandescent lights. As long as these chips are glued on properly I doubt you'll have issues with them. I work in the LED business by the way :), but we specialize in low-power LED whereas these are high-power. 99 times out of 100 with LED you get what you pay for.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Hi All

Started the KLG4 and Millenia TB Mod today. This is the first time I've dremeled anything in my life and it worked out really well.

Got the lip dremeled down and will be starting the work on the inner guts tomorrow. Also found some time to redo some of the grills on my audi!

·
Super Moderator
2,148 Posts
Slower settings are better than fast... and it looks like youve experienced that the bits run super easy when you start approaching the edges on the manifold... have fun your gonna port it right? If I recall correctly someone said a little atf on the carbide bit will keep the aluminum from gumming up the bit.

Looking good.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Yes I will be porting and doing the hourglass mod to the tb. I will be inspecting my existing vac lines to see if they need replacing, if they do I will buy the parts. Afterwards - hood comes off and install begins in the next couple of weeks

41 - 60 of 1124 Posts