Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Just gives you an excuse to detail it every now and then

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,087
Why in the garage ? You do that every year ?
Yup, every year. Insure it for only two months, never drive it on rainy days, 2015 put less than 500km on it that year, last year did 3000km on it for the big meet

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,090
Soo nice...
.- Newly issued series of plate #'s...I see..!
Oh, how nice it would be to garage my 6..!!!
thanks but those plates were from 3 plates ago. I turn in the plates everytime I take the insurance and put storage on it

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You mean every year, you let the registration on the car expire, and then re-register it again and get new license plates ? Sounds like a hassle.

In the US, it's not so easy to return license plates every year, and get insurance for just
a couple of months and let it lapse. Insurance companies will stop insuring you.

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
thanks but those plates were from 3 plates ago. I turn in the plates everytime I take the insurance and put storage on it
...Makes sense...!!
You mean every year, you let the registration on the car expire, and then re-register it again and get new license plates ? Sounds like a hassle.......etc.
I was thinking, TPW..- re: ICBC, (here in BC..vs the US).. -Can't you just keep your existing plate and just new 'Renewal' decal when you need it, instead of a whole new plate issue... ?? ..Like most who do a regular renewal..??
If it's off the street, which it is, it doesn't matter if the car is insured or not.. You would just need to re-insure it for the time you want with new decals..- Nes Pas??

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,094
I was thinking, TPW..- re: ICBC, (here in BC..vs the US).. -Can't you just keep your existing plate and just new 'Renewal' decal when you need it, instead of a whole new plate issue... ?? ..Like most who do a regular renewal..??
If it's off the street, which it is, it doesn't matter if the car is insured or not.. You would just need to re-insure it for the time you want with new decals..- Nes Pas??
No, you are supposed to hand in the plates when you cancel insurance and put storage insurance on the vehicle. I don't mind, I get brand new shiny plates everytime I do lol

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
No, you are supposed to hand in the plates when you cancel insurance and put storage insurance on the vehicle. I don't mind, I get brand new shiny plates everytime I do lol
ok.. ?!?. Havent had to do that, so wasn't sure.
I kept my old p/u truck plates when I sold it a few years ago 'coz I liked the plate #... - If I ever get another truck, I'll try and use those plates.. If not, then it's just a nostalgia thing...!!:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,096
You mean every year, you let the registration on the car expire, and then re-register it again and get new license plates ? Sounds like a hassle.

In the US, it's not so easy to return license plates every year, and get insurance for just
a couple of months and let it lapse. Insurance companies will stop insuring you.
I only register it for maybe a month or two at a time. Nothing complicated about it. Your political system on the other hand.....:laugh:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
How can you register a car for only a month or two ? In the US, and likely most places,
you register and pay for the car registration for the year. Then it expires after 1 year unless
you renew it. License plates are good for 4 or 5 years unless the car is sold.

1081 - 1100 of 1119 Posts