Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1101 - 1119 of 1119 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,101
How can you register a car for only a month or two ? In the US, and likely most places,
you register and pay for the car registration for the year. Then it expires after 1 year unless
you renew it. License plates are good for 4 or 5 years unless the car is sold.
Like I said, its Canada. Specifically its BC. We have one private insurance corporation and no other for basic. We don't have to do a year up front we can do monthly.

Hell even sometimes if I register it for a week or two, I drive with paper plates in the window.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
How can you register a car for only a month or two ? In the US, and likely most places,
you register and pay for the car registration for the year. Then it expires after 1 year unless
you renew it. License plates are good for 4 or 5 years unless the car is sold.
In the US you can get travel permits which allow you to drive the vehicle on those occassions. You typically have to put a paper permit in the rear window. I have storage insurance on my car and can add or remove insurance on it with a phone call. I keep the tags up to date though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
In the US you can get travel permits which allow you to drive the vehicle on those occassions. You typically have to put a paper permit in the rear window. I have storage insurance on my car and can add or remove insurance on it with a phone call. I keep the tags up to date though.
My state, Massachusetts, does not recognize temporary (paper) plates of any kind.

We still see them, especially near the borders, but they're technically not legal and the vehicle could be impounded.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
I may just dent the pulley with an attitude like that!

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,106

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Now there's a person we have heard from in a while!

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,109

·
the one that spits fire
112 Posts
Did anyone ever tell you I got my car running again? I can't remember. This time you can beat me.

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,111

·
the one that spits fire
112 Posts
Yea. Back to 95% stock in the engine bay. Other than powdercoat and headers/intake. At least she can come to this years meet

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Hey!!! You took the layer of dust off my thread >:)

Where've you been?
LOL! I usually surf the web at work when I'm not busy, but 2016 has been a crazy work year, projects after projects, deployment after deployment. I was off for a week in Xmas and a few days around New Year, so I pop in to see what's up :grin2:

I did managed to go on a trip to Asia in the fall, got to visit the Mazda museum in Hiroshima, I'll try to share some pictures in my RX-7 thread or in the lounge.

Also, I'm not a fan of the new forum layout, guess that kinda stop me from signing in from my phone lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,114
damn should dust this thread off.

Last things done to the car

Completed the MS genuine body kit and threw some no name entry level sound system in the car

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Lol. Look at all those old photos!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The MX6 dash cover has 2 separate slots, one for the radio, one for the CD player. Because of that, a lot of the new gadgets you can buy that take up 2 slots won't fit, unless you destroy the dash cover.

Does anyone know good choices for what new gadgets can fit into an existing MX6 dash cover ?

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,118
Well time for one last post to close this build thread. Car got sold a while back to a local fellow who will love it. Last pictures taken from the Car and its current replacement. Model 3 AWD with a McIntosh and Boston Acoustics System. :)

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Hey Shawn.. What a surprise to see your 6 go..but I guess 'the time has come'. The new owner is getting one hell of a car, imo. Kudos to him..and to your New ride. Model 3 comes with the option of dual motor all-wheel drive, 20” Performance Wheels and Brakes and lowered suspension for total control, in all weather conditions. And a carbon fiber spoiler improves stability at high speeds, all allowing Model 3 to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in as little as 3.4 seconds.
...Sweet buddy. Enjoy the Tesla. Not too much to modify on that new baby...
Kudos to you...
Cheers
Thomas .

1101 - 1119 of 1119 Posts