Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone is debating the high end of a Type R, I have a video of me going down the quarter mile with one. You can be your own judge. Once again, you can see clearly how the turn out was....heheh wait till you watch, it might suprise alot of Type-R drivers.....and yea, it was a 2001 Type-R and YES we did race before.....he also commented on how good my high end is so here is that video, and if it doesnt work, go to the lounge and look for bigprobe's 9 sec run. My video is within the forum too. I am not saying that I am always faster than all Type-R, just I have a video to prove I beat one. Thanks!!!!

http://www.probesnw.net/movies/alfredVtypeR.avi

BTW I did win a couple of side bets that day too....hehe so people just couldnt believe it until they saw it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I couldn't see the video.

Said no Decompressor found or something. I sure would like to see it. Is it during the day, or night?

·
Registered
139 Posts
good race

nice race! did you use the NOS?

1 for mazda- 0 for acura

·
Registered
231 Posts
PLease Help

How are you running a 14 second pass i want to know, i want mine to bealbe to run that kinda time!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That is cool, very cool. WHERE you using NOS for that run? if so, what shot?

I once saw Tom=Superwoop run a 14.9 1/4 with just a hotshot intake, headers, straight pipe and GReddy exhaust. So 14's on an MX6 is very VERY possible. My best was 15.5 @ 89 with just a GReddy and Intake.

[Edited by JPMX6GT on 03-01-2001 at 03:48 PM]

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
ICE, I have looked all over the place for the video from Bigprobe. Is it on this board?

Dang, I want to see it!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
GOSH, that was great. i love to see cars in motion on the computer. i wish i had the stuff to do it.
If you guys can tape races or whatever at the track like that again or just of your car (ICE) going down the road it would be nice. thanks later man

·
Registered
193 Posts
no mp42 compressor

bummer, could hear it but couldn't see it with Quicktime 4 or RealPlayer.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Yea my best pass that day was 14.7 at about 101.43mph. Massive wheel hop and the 18's just wont cut it. I have my new set of rims already and I am hoping to pull low 14's next time. It was fun seeing those faces when I just pulled into the lanes still playing th playstation. I took NOTHING out, not even the 5ft hello kitty I was going to give my friend. So maybe next time I will give the car a diet before we go....hehe but yes it was fun. For all those that wanted pictures of my car, I hope th video will do...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ICE

Just go out and tape you car up and down the road. that would be sweet to see it up close. thanks later guys

·
Registered
193 Posts
hm, I know it's been awhile but I get a page not found. anyone know another link?

·
Registered
61 Posts
you beat him in 1/4 mile, but not overall, he passed you and slowed down while you just kept going making it look like you were pulling ahead again. maybe not, but it still looked cool
-dan

·
Registered
104 Posts
He passed me at 110mph. I have ran the 1/4 mile @ 90mph therefore if at the track I would have won.

Basically, he is not the best of a driver :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
You know I never really heard of anyone talking about the Type R's high end, becuase if you look at the gear ratios on a R you will see a very close ratio with the final ratio being 4.40. Compare this to most people with 5-speed Mustangs who run only 4.10 gears. This type of set up allows quick alceration, a good punch coming out of turns in any gear, and not that good for the long run. Besause with only 130 [email protected],500 rpm you need gears close to make for the low numbers. And after all torque gets you from point a to b the fastest and horsepower lets you go faster after upon reaching that point. But I will admit you had a good run, so keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts