Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just inherited a shiny red 1991 MX-6 DX auto (non-turbo) from my fiance.... its my commuter car now and I'd like to tune it up. I've read about the front and rear Addco antisway bars - question is: Where can I purchase? Thanks to anyone who'll respond!
lino.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I called JC Whitney, and they don't carry them anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Pep boys has them too for $15/set. Part #'s 012 and 015. They work very well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wait a sec....aren't the #12 and #15 just the swaybar endlinks? I don't think they'd sell a sway bar for $15.
BTW, did anyone who has installed the endlinks have trouble getting them to fit. The brass spacer that sits between the 2 pairs of bushings was too long on mine and I had to cut off about 3 cm of it in order to get it to fit. And yes, I did have the car weighed down I even sandbagged it, but still couldn't fit the endlink with that huge spacer.
When I compared the old endlink to the new one, the bushings on the addco are like 3 times the size of the old rubber bushings and there is like no way that I could get it on without cutting that spacer.

[Edited by Thunder18 on 04-13-2001 at 12:31 PM]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ithought that you were supposed to "hang" the suspension when installing swaybars/endlinks. In other words, elevate the car so that the wheels are off the ground on the end you are wrking on.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I jacked my car up only on the side I was working on, this way the suspension is compressed on the opposite side, so the sway bar end on the side I'm working on is nearer to the control arm, so it's easier to get the link on that way.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks much!

I appreciate everyone's comments. I'll post my progress on here.
lino

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't think it was wrong...I had to do it...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I was able to get mine on without cutting the bushings. However I wasn't able to tighten the nut down afterward so there's 1" of thread showing above. I have like a half inch or something. The way I did it was to re-use my old washers, instead of the Addco ones. The old washers are slightly thinner than the brass colored addco ones. That gave me just enough leeway to start the nut on the link.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts