Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my transmission taken out because it cracked. I'm now putting it back in, but I have no memory of what goes where.. :freak:
I need pictures or blueprints or whatever you guys may have, and ASAP! Especially, i'm wondering what kind of thing is meant to sit in the hole on the frontside of the gearbox, since its not meant to screw anything into it.. the hole has "sleek" sides! Anyone have a clue of what im talking about..? Please, help!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
not thinking ahead on this on.

the only thing i suggest is going to get a haynes manual for your year of car and go by that...

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
If you can see the teeth of the flywheel (MTX) or flexplate (ATX), then the hole you're referring to is for the starter.

You really get a F for preparation if you removed the tranmission yourself. You should have labelled and bagged all the hardware and accessories as you removed them. Pictures are not going to help you figure out which bolt goes where.

·
Registered
379 Posts
midrange said:
not thinking ahead on this on.

the only thing i suggest is going to get a haynes manual for your year of car and go by that...
ditto. Haynes manual will really be a lifesaver for you. Pick one up at Autozone or whatever for like $15.00

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is that I wasn't the one who took it out, and the guy that did is an idiot! So now i'm standing here.. The hole is about 10mm wide, and above the wired knob in front of the gearbox.. it sits a big bolt/knob paralell to it, about 5-10 cm away from it, to the right. Someone mentioned that it may be a kind of screw there who holds something inside of the tranny, in that case, i'm f***ed....

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
another suggestion is find a buddy or go to a wreckers and hope they have your same car and take a long hard look to get ab image of what it should be, where thigns go.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Tranny fluid has a full bolt and a drain bolt. Your clutch fluid runs from the brake cylinder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts