Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
yes superlows are fine trust me I scrape everywhere with superlows ultra lows would be a killer and probbably cause more damage that worth..I presume with standard struts they would ride liek an absolute bitch too...

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
you'll be happy with neither, superlows ride like [shizzle], and utlra low would be worse

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
yeah the do *lol* not to abd on my current struts but stll ride pretty crappy comapred to standard..

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i have super lows and its not a cumfy ride on humpy roads at all...and its low enough with super lows...so why would u wanna get ultra lows(ive never heard of them on a 1st gen by the way)

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
never heward of them either, but i like springs lower than superlow height

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
The ride is only crappy if:

A) You still expect it to feel like stock.
B) You use crappy struts that are worn. Then it wil be bouncey.
C) You expect that lowered springs will not have an increased spring rate.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
yes sabbai you a right :) so comapred to stock the ride is crappy he he he :) which is what were comapring it to aint we *lol* anyhow Ive never heard of ultralows for our car never seen em before so good lcuk with that one :) maybe go superlows with 2nd struts up front...

Question If I get 2nd gen front struts will I need 2nd gen super lows??

·
Registered
665 Posts
never heward of them either, but i like springs lower than superlow height
what is it with you and wanting to have the car scrape the ground?
every post you're like i reckon it shoudl be lower...
do you even care about the ride and handling?

·
Registered
415 Posts
tomee said:
is the ride saggy? bumpy?
Both, they seem to have the drop without the uprating that a spring that low should have. Ie, they perform just like a chopped stock spring (i'm no expert on that though). Go figure.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Chopping a spirng increases it's spring rate. Basically, the shorter the spring material is (the length of the piece of metal, not the height), the higher the spring rate. That is why you see commodores, etc that seem to bounce when they have chopped springs. The shock/strut can't handle the high spring rate.

King Springs do have packing springs. They have a few loops really close together at one end, so that it doesn't increase the spring rate too much, but also keep the spring captive at full drop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts