Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now i have a box under my passenger seat with a peaker in in... took it out ..... what the hell is it.. prob not what u ar talking about but am still curious to ur suggestions...

·
Registered
375 Posts
No, I have mine. Im just wondering if anyone here knows how to wire it to an aftermarket radio? I noticed the sound got softer after I installed my Kenwood, all this time I thought it was cause I got rid of the equalizer. Anyone know how to wire the factory equalizer to an aftermarket radio?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, I looked under my passenger seat, and indeed there was a black/greyish box under it , but I noticed no speaker around there anywhere... So I opened the box up and it looked inside... no speaker there either, just a lot of electrical junk... Was wondering if this is some other thing than your subwoofer and amplifier, or is this then just the amplifier -subwoofer ???

·
Registered
114 Posts
Haukur said:
Well, I looked under my passenger seat, and indeed there was a black/greyish box under it , but I noticed no speaker around there anywhere... So I opened the box up and it looked inside... no speaker there either, just a lot of electrical junk... Was wondering if this is some other thing than your subwoofer and amplifier, or is this then just the amplifier -subwoofer ???
Sounds like you have found the computer for your AAS! I hope that you didn't damage it.

I looked at a wiring diagram for our cars and figured out what four wires that I needed to connect. I noticed a nice differnce. It is a great thing if you don't have any subs installed. I just disconected it since I have no need for it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Whats an AAS? Well, I have a 15" sub in the trunk, so this would not do much for me anyways?? I was wondering, Kenny, since your car seems pretty much identical to mine, whether you had speakers in the front doors, and if so how large?? Nice car by the way :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Automatic Adjusting Suspension. Three buttons that let you change the ride from soft, normal, and sport. I don't have speakers in the doors. They are in the dash near the knee area. The size speaker is 4" Do you have speakers in your doors?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ah, yes the suspension thingy, I have those buttons in my dashboard, drivers side... Is the box under the passenger seat the computer that controls it?? Interesting, I actually have AAS on my rear struts, but not on the front. Actually I have never really noticed any difference when I switch between the modes... Is the difference noticable, perhaps my struts are getting old or something...

I have the same speakers you are talking about in the dash, I actually put JBL 4" speakers in there to replace the stock ones, it gives a nice addition to the bass. It sounds like there is more bass coming from those speakers than there actually is, or maybe I am just crazy or something :)

I had speakers in my front doors, Pioneer something 5"x7" or 6"x8" cant remeber which, got them out in the garage as is, not really the latest speakers in the pioneer department but were pretty good for their use. Had them positoned, well in the only place you could probably fit a speaker in that door, that is firing at the drivers legs, and the passengers legs, removed them cause they had not been properly fastened, actually the whole door is pretty f***ed up where the speaker was, metal cut up pretty bad... So I went to the local junkyard, found the only 6 they had and got the original door... covers? on both sides, for about 10$.

Also in the doors I had put a pair of tweeters, one drivers , one passengers side. I had removed that plastic hole thingie that was on the "armrest" on the doors and positioned the tweeters there, firing upward, it made a hell of a difference I can tell you, only problem was I think an extra tweeter between the drivers and passenger seat would have evened the sound out a bit...

I am currently working on getting myself a pair of Directed Audio 16cm 100W Rms speakers and having my local trusted Audio shop put them in for, professionally...

Sorry about the long post, and I do believe this actually belongs to another Forum now :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Importheadmp89 said:
No, I have mine. Im just wondering if anyone here knows how to wire it to an aftermarket radio? I noticed the sound got softer after I installed my Kenwood, all this time I thought it was cause I got rid of the equalizer. Anyone know how to wire the factory equalizer to an aftermarket radio?
If you want to wire in the factory sub with your aftermarket stereo, all you have to do is:

On your wiring harness there should be an blue wire with a yellow stripe around it that is not connected with the aftermarket head unit. Cut it off and put some kind of electrical connector on it(spade or bullet connector), and connect it to the remote or amp turn on lead. Often labeled as the power antenna lead. This will give the subwoofer the positive power signal it needs to turn on.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Yeah, connect the wire Thunder's talking about. And just so you know the sub gets it's signal from the front speaker wires. So you dont have to connect anything else.

G

·
anarchyx34 said:
Yeah, connect the wire Thunder's talking about. And just so you know the sub gets it's signal from the front speaker wires. So you dont have to connect anything else.
Need help getting factory underseat sub working with this setup:

I've got my front & rears (Polk audio) running off a 4 channel amp (Kenwood) which is connected to a Sony deck. The blue remote turn-on wire is running from the deck to the amp.

Should I:

Split the remote turn-on wire at the deck and run one to the amp and the other to the "blue wire with yellow stripe" on factory harness.

Then what?

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
JefftheChef said:

Need help getting factory underseat sub working with this setup:

I've got my front & rears (Polk audio) running off a 4 channel amp (Kenwood) which is connected to a Sony deck. The blue remote turn-on wire is running from the deck to the amp.

Should I:

Split the remote turn-on wire at the deck and run one to the amp and the other to the "blue wire with yellow stripe" on factory harness.

Then what?

-Jeff
That's all it takes, assuming you're using factory wiring to connect the front speakers to the amp, the factory sub will already be connected.

G

·
RE: Factory sub w/ aftermarket system

anarchyx34 said:

That's all it takes, assuming you're using factory wiring to connect the front speakers to the amp, the factory sub will already be connected.
Thanks!

Actually I'm NOT using factory wiring between the front speakers & the amp so I'll just connect the front speaker outputs from the deck to the front speaker inputs on the factory harness. Or if that doesn't work I'll run speaker outs straight from the amp to the factory harness.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts