Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this on the General Maintinance board and got one reply--so I figured this was a better place for it. If anyone has done this and knows exactly how to do it please let me know:

How do you make the ONE windshield wiper that rests on the windsheild? It's hard to explain it but I am sure you have all seen them.

It is one windshield wiper that wipes the drivers side of the window, and when it comes to a stop it rests on the passenger side of the glass... about half way up.

Alex

·
Registered
475 Posts
no offense, but this has to be one of the riciest things on earth. I would never do that to my car but thats just my opinion. Otherwise I believe it is basically installing a whole wiper set up with a new motor, etc.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
aholm said:
How do you make the ONE windshield wiper that rests on the windsheild? It's hard to explain it but I am sure you have all seen them.

It is one windshield wiper that wipes the drivers side of the window, and when it comes to a stop it rests on the passenger side of the glass... about half way up.
This is kinda simple but sometimes hard to do. To make the typical uniwiper mod that you see on hondas etc, all you have to do is remove the drivers side wiper arm. Then undo the pass side wiper arm and then re-install it at an angle so that it will sweep through the pass and drivers side section of the windshield. Simple as that.

Then you have the fully functional uniwiper mod. This involves the same procedure as above but there is no need to remove the pass side wiper arm. The thing that you have to do it wrip out the section under the hood where the wiper motor is and install a modified braket. I don't know the details but some dude in http://www.probetalk.com manifactures these and sells them.

The 1st uniwiper mod I mentioned above is totally useless. if it rains, even at the wiper's highest speed, you will berely be able to see anything. This mod is purely for show.

I have to admit, I tried doing this for one of the local shows in my area but couldn;t get the stupid wiper arm off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
to be honest i think that it would be way more trouble than it is worth. meaning that i think that you would be wasting your time to do a mod that only takes away from the look of your car. no offense just my opinion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts