Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear guys,

Does anyone have any experiences with universal mufflers? can some one tell me about the borla...is it loud?

thanks,

Anthony

G

·
0 Posts
I'm going to get a Ractive muffler with dual DTM style tips. Apparently it sounds really good and is not too expensive. It's not worth it to get a Borla because it's chambered, not straight thru like most others. Ractive and Arospeed make good universal mufflers. www.toucanindustries.com and www.arospeed.com

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a ractive on my car and it sounds really nice! I do have a resonator though... if you swap out the stock piping and don't put in a res, the sound will be louder and not as deep so I don't know how good that will be.

P

·
0 Posts
I have a Naxos, dragger style, with oversized piping from the cat back. I get alot of comments that it has a nice tone, although i wish it was a little louder, it is not crackly at all just a nice mellow tone.

·
Registered
291 Posts
magnaflow...

Lovin' the Magnaflow!!!!! Talk to your local muffler shop. My guy did the whole cat-back for 205 including muffler and tip...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a borla and it is straight through, there are no chambers in it. The muffler itself is only 180....i paid $477 installed with 2.5in custom piping.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot!!!

Dear guys,

thanks a lot, over the holiday I had ordered the borla cat-back for the mazda at carparts.com. i payed 380 with shipping. hope everyone had a nice holiday and new year.
Anthony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts