Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap price on a good quality universal muffler

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you want cheap, just go to your local auto parts store. In Monterey where I live, we have a Kragen. I got a "Turbo II" muffler for $13. I like it better than the pacesetter that I put on later. My Ansa is by far the best, though kinda pricey.

G

·
If you go and get a muffler I think you should get a dual tip. I made a costly mistake of buying a single 2.5 inch single barel muffler and i lost alot of power due to a loss of back p. now $400 later I have 2 1.75 inch tips and i gained alot of low end power and it sounds like music to everybodys ears

1988 mx-6 5sp
194000 miles
90,000 with new moter

custom intake with k&n filter,bosch p+4 spack plugs and wires, universal muffler with dual exhuast
soon to get headers, and chip

·
Registered
375 Posts
I havnt seen any recently but they arnt hard to find, depends how much you want to spend. You should go with a straight thru design, I saw on your profile that you have a GT. You dont want back pressure because its turbo. I have an Apex N1 turbo muffler, that cost me $300 installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts