Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sneak peek at my progress, my bumper is busted on the passenger side still from the accident so dont mind the sagging, why fix it if a jspec bumper is replacing it ya?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya everything is half done since i usually run out of time, i have half of my interior in my house being reupholstered, 90% of the jspec headlights wired up, have to fix something on the jspec tails, finish wiring up the mirrors, get the holes cut for my fender sidemarkers, but once its nice out without the cold breeze ill finish tackling all the jobs.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
I see you removed the black paint that was on them. Did you also clean up that crappy sealant job and fix the bulb holders?

they looked terrible before i sold them to you, lookin good now though. Props

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didnt get my headlights from you, that was another guy in iowa, as for fixing the headlights its not the headlights that need fixed, its the way the bumper is sitting since its missing a bracket. The hood is also a hair off from the accident but thats all getting done once i buy a bumper, why align everything right now if its coming off soon just to realign again. Shipping a jap fender would cost a small fortune, thats why i just got the indicators, $20 is way better then dropping $400.00 for a set of fenders :D Fog light wise I cant put them in yet because thats an aspec bumper. I have the layout on how to use a different steering sensor to get the fogs moving along with the wiring diagram etc. etc. its just ive moved spending money on my car over to getting a few more investments made so im stock piled in case the worst should happen.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
woops, my bad

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
there isnt anything different about "jdm" fenders, just cut a hole, its not ghetto at all, its legit as long as they are in the same place. people on this forum really freak out about some stupid stuff.
Yea, probably just as stupid as the one that cut a hole on their fender because they can't afford to get the real one, just like those Hondas out there with those white marker on their fenders. Don't know how many times I see those light turn yellow and fender got rusted because they did a ghetto job, and water got in there because it didn't seal properly :shrug:

·
Registered
8 Posts
To be honest, i do not really like the J-Spec lights.
they look a bit cheap, like aftermarket lights..
I think the E/A-spec look better.

Dont let my opinion bring you down though ;-)
nice conversion, hope you get them to fit all the way

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the actual jspec sidemarkers with the rubber seal around it. Believe me im not into ghetto jobs but no one will know the difference when im done so its all good. Jspecs look a lot better in person to tell you the truth, look kinda plasticy on the pictures so i see where your coming from.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol thats my moms grand am, been wrecked twice so the body shop guy knows it well lol. My wifes m-edition will get a make over after im done with mine. Probably some e-spec heads, get the m-edition tails back on it and if im feeling rich a body kit with black leather interior (full black interior conversion) with a decent pink piping on the seats.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I got the actual jspec sidemarkers with the rubber seal around it. Believe me im not into ghetto jobs but no one will know the difference when im done so its all good. Jspecs look a lot better in person to tell you the truth, look kinda plasticy on the pictures so i see where your coming from.
Oh my comment weren't directed to you, I'm sure you'll do a great job on the custom work ;)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
me and my dremel lol. im trying to decide the best route to take on getting them even, im thinking tape the high and low point and mark the layout with a black marker to make sure its all straight before i cut.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
If you need exact measurement on the marker location, I can measure it for you once I get my E-Spec fender in a week or two ;)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had someone get me exact measurements but thanks though!! How did you find someone to ship espec fenders to the U.S.?!? lol thats a big order. Hopefully i will get around to getting them in and wired up within the month, i just need to finish reupholstering my seats first.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts