Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's been over 3 months my car has been off the road. Trials and tribulations abound. It should have just been a replacement distributor but the Mazda Mechanic somehow had my fuse box and ECU blow while working on it.

So I bought a used ECU from someone in the community:
After being told by the seller he'd sold me a compatible one with a different Ref No., it turned out to be a fn shitty early Ford Probe ECU. He wouldn't take it back coz it had been opened to find out why tf it wasnt working. It's not like it's hermetically sealed!
Got another one with the right code now tho.

Still waiting for the fuse box kindly sent over from Australia by Nick Adams on the other forum. Apparently, it's lying in a crate at Heathrow and hasn't even been through customs yet! It landed here on 24 Feb FFS! I've also bought one from a USA member on the FB just in case but fear the process to release it will be equally long!

With this in mind:
"Does anyone in Britain have a fucking engine fuse box?"

Mark
(Excuse my fuckin French!)

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the wrong year mate. Will have to be a 96 or 97.

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car's been in 5 months now.

The mechanic has found a burned track in the ECU and a problem with the fuse box. One of the relays had 3 earths and one live instead of 2 earths and 2 lives. He thinks the fuse box caused the burned tracks. Johnson's Mazda are also saying that this would have been the problem all along and it caused the distributor symptoms. I think that's bullshit.
He was able to drive the car into the garage, let it idle then it cut out - just like the usual hot distributor problem. A distributor they supplied me. I had to go back to them for the replacement.
When opened up, there's a couple of burned tracks on the ECU's PCB. It looks like 4E and 4C are affected. No clue what those tracks control.

The question is, If this is the overall problem and the reason the car won't start at all, how can he have drove the car into the garage?

Now. I'm no electrician but, looking at this damage, it doesn't look like it's happened gradually as they're making out.

I got stiffed on a deal with an ECU from a guy on MX6 UK FB saying his stupid f'n probe one will do but he was full of it. So bought another one. Part No. for mine is KLH61888A - 1996, the Ebay one is KLH61888B - 1997. These should be compatible. Sent them off to get tested but they're sending them back because they don't have a test bed for it o_O. I'm now waiting for them to come back so I can send them off to ECU Express to clone my one onto the Ebay one.

Anyone ever dealt with ECU Express? He's a man of few words and after getting stiffed by that ECU fool, I've got little patience left for unprofessional customer care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts