Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have an idea to get rid of that gap between the hood and the lights, get some clear lenses from GTS and paint the top of them so they look like eyebrows. That would give it a nice clean look.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey sleeper, your car is looking very nice. I can't wait until I get my s13 lights installed. Did you make any special brackets/mounts?

·
Registered
111 Posts
hey man, why did you take the heat shield off your manifold? You're going to cook all your shiz til its brittle. Better wrap that with thermal tape. Also, love the battery relocal and the VAF move, exactly what I am going to do. Especially since I got the optima. Have you noticed reduced turbo lag with the better plumbing?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i also found a way to get rid of the gap, which involved teh plastic L-shape thing on our srock headlights, yeah i had to make my own brakets, took a few hours but it was rather eays, had to take the sheid off when i was changing teh manifold gasket and one of teh studs snapped in teh manifold, so i just never got back around to fixing teh sheild, beside with a couple coats of high temp paint im not worried about it peeling off, and the pipes did make a difference, doesnt have as much lag and doesnt drop boost, it actually holds better.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just would like to note I was the first to do this trend setting mod of s13 headlight

yes i remember asking you questions of this about the s13 headlights, however with the gap issue was rather easy, i just unscrewed the factory headlight trim on top of the factory headlights and painted them white, drilled 2 holes on teh inside of the hood and screwed them in place if you can inlarge my pic you can see teh plastic trim panel, but excuse teh peeling paint that needs touched up on the trim pieces.

its not perfect, but they work.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im very interested in details on the IC pipes
i made ic pipe kit myself at work, no there is no plans for reproduction, not being mean or cruel, just dont want or need to handle anyone elses money or waste time waiting .

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Just would like to note I was the first to do this trend setting mod of s13 headlights. In the future I'm going to make cf eyebrows to fix the gap.
The reason why you still have the gap is because you dont have that little chrome piece on the top of the bumper. You told me that it was all messed up in a wreck.

Thats probably the main reason why you have the gap.

Sleepermx6, I really love your car. Im not a big fan of the white on white but your car looks damn good.

Again with the headlights.........I want them so bad. Im getting them for X-mas though.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sleepermx6, I really love your car. Im not a big fan of the white on white but your car looks damn good.
thank you, i love it to, to bad i had to leave it at work tonight due to all this damn snow we're getting, however i got to drive a cr-v home instead.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Even with the chrome I would still have a gap up top. Its a nice looking mod if you dont start looking at the car with a microscope.
The only reason why I want them is because I have HID's. Well thats not the only reason, they do look pretty good.

With the headlights Ill have less glare and have a decent cut off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts