Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 12501 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Bill, don't worry about Sat. I ran out of time anyway. It still has issues. I am taking it back up to Ryans house tonight so that he can peek at it. I think that there is a vac leek in it now. You can hear a high pitched airry sound on decel. Can't find it though. Hope we can do something about it tonight.
2000 posts in this thread!!

Nick

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oh no, the rwd is for me. We both agreed that her driving skill is not up to rwd and moisture. I really looks like we will be getting 2g talon (tsi of course) for her. When i first got into cars all my friends were dsm guys so that makes things a little easier.

The ze is running great but i need to get the eprom chip. Other than that I'm pretty happy so far.

I guess if my only option is going turbo then so be it. I just know that its so hard to leave the boost down. I also havent welded in years so i liked the idea of not having to weld in order to go f/i. Oh well, i guess if it was easy it wouldn't be worth it.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Derek, my pipes get here Wednesday ... and the rest of my stuff will be here a few days later. Unfortunately I'm leaving town tommorrow for Cali for a week. You're more than welcome to check out the quality of all the parts and I am buying EVERYTHING new .. nothing is used. I'm hoping to keep parts costs under $1,000 .. then install costs.

I would only do Supercharger because I like the idea of instant quick torque for AutoX, but f you just want a fun streetcar, how can you beat a sweet spool-up and Blow-Off??

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
SC's run off a shaft will fit the '6, just have to run slimline fans....and not have much room leftover at all :)

I want to do one or the other...Though I think Josh will beat me to it :)

See you at my house Nick :)

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
bill, I will check labor on a clutch. do you want me to find prices on clutches, too?
we did the clutch in leslies probe, finished it tonight around 11. we swapped trannies so she is now running mine, and I'm going to rebuilt hers and put it in my car. my motor is fully built, sitting waiting to go in. I'm way excited!
and bill, my cell is 558-3344, and the shop number is 294-4655.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Uh...WTF was that? :freak:

Has to be Derek or Ryan...maybe Brandon??

Kitty has a straight door that opens from teh outside again!! Yay, now it just needs paint, the mirror, and the interior door panel and it's all normal again!! YAY!

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
hey ryan, my buddy with the skyline saw you on saturday in kitty. he said "I saw some mx6 dude that thought he was all that with stickers on his windows. I think the front one said TireRack or something."
hahaha.
I'm gonna use the regular flywheel...ryan, want a fidanza? lol.
do you have any tips for breaking in a clutch? I've been trying to drive it normally but with no boost. any time it boosts, the clutch slips.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
chino9656 said:
do you have any tips for breaking in a clutch? I've been trying to drive it normally but with no boost. any time it boosts, the clutch slips.
A clutch break in does not make it grab more. The break in period allows for the springs to seat and surfaces to match up. The presure plate will not magically get that much more holding power after the break in period. So my guess is you got the wrong clutch kit.

Ryan, it must be nice to be able to get in the car from the drivers side again.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
YES IT IS!!

And Zach, tell your friend I am all that AND a bag of chips! :D

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I was reading over on ProbeTalk a thread about clutches and boost. They all say to get a softer clutch ... that the grippier sticker clutches will most likely break the KL transmission. Everyone who has had a Clutchmaster or anything similar has cracked the housing of gears. 'FastestPGT' seems to really know his stuff and he suggests a very soft and heavy clutch. Supposedly Porsche trannys are only good for 200ft/lbs but they use very soft clutches to keep everything intact. I might just go get an EBay Excedy,. grips better than stock but still nice and soft.

Flying out to L.A. this afternoon. WOO-WOO! Warm weather!!! Have fun with the snow guys!!

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Definitely, softer, less aggressive disc with a stiffer pressure plate. That way if somethings going to give it will more likely be the clutch disc that slips first.

Also, on Goldy and Jeremy's car, the Autozone $150 clutch has worked very well so far.

Don't know about 2G's though, haven't tried it.

Have fun in LA you lucky bastard! :p

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Dan cracked his trany... Oh wait that's because he was missing a tranny mount bolt.
The XTD clutch that I got has 276 ft lbs and 310 hp holding capacity. In my opinion I can't feel the diffrence in the pedal, but it sure grips good. Full circle kevlar disc, $150.0 shipped on ebay.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
wpendl1 said:
Dan cracked his trany... Oh wait that's because he was missing a tranny mount bolt.
Actually his rear mount was just shot .. it was all bolted up .. or I hope so since Zack and Ryan installed it!!! ;-)

ANyhow .. better news ....

MY TURBO PIPES CAME TODAY!!!

They came with ALL gaskets, EGR tubes etc. I inspected them briefly and the welds are very good quality ... make my pacesetters look like shizzle! I think I will need to port out the inside ports though right off the block flange .. they are good, but I like them butter smooth. Well, I'm heading out to the airport now .. what a great present before I left!! I paid and had the boogers 2 business days later! TERRIFIC EBAYER!

P.S. I finally got the tracking Fed-Ex # to my K-Sport coilovers! Whoo-Whoo!!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
bill, I got the break-down for your clutch...
labor: 6.1hrs ($60/hr) $365.82
clutch kit: $182.83
Flywheel surfacing: $48.00
Total: $596.65

so the clutch shouldn't be slipping at all? I'll have to go out and try it out once the it's warmed up. hopefully it will hold, or I'll have to go find a new clutch...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
STDInfestedCat said:
Duh, you guys don't even know. I'm running some NOS. Anybody wanna race? $5,000 cash. Fuuuuck.. I'll even give you a 10ft. headstart.
are you serious???
Ryan, think jeremy's car is ready for 15 pounds?:) think of what you could do with his 5 grand:flipa:

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
I'd throw down...once I see the car!!!

And there's always Goldy in Reserve...I'd use it to make $5k!!

Josh, good to hear!! I got your text msg today too, that is AWESOME!!!

Billy, IIRC you said ALL you needed was a solder sucker to do the chip in Jeremy's car?

Zach, if it's slipping in boost, which is normal on a new clutch there's a simple solution...DON'T BOOST IT!! Of course it won't grab as good when it's not broken in. You need AT VERY LEAST 250 miles of PURE stop and go NON-BOOSTING driving to allow the clutch disc and flywheel to mate up. I'd recomend a good 350-400. I boosted at 250mi on Goldy on a new clutch and didn't feel like it was enough...

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
582 Posts
STDInfestedCat said:
Duh, you guys don't even know. I'm running some NOS. Anybody wanna race? $5,000 cash. Fuuuuck.. I'll even give you a 10ft. headstart.
Who is this guy? Yea, this is an edit, I said something choice before but realized that I need to be a nice person right now, lol.
Tell you what, where will you be and we will see what you can really do. Talk is cheap.

Nick

2001 - 2020 of 12501 Posts