Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 12501 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ryan, what would you charge me to weld on a new muffler?
Nick

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Jason said:
Ryan, got that fender out yet?
I'll probably be headin up in a couple weeks to redeem/buy more lotto tickets:) if it still hasn't been sent, I'll drive it up to ya.

I'm bored...came home early, nothing to do...

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Jason, I have not forgotten about you...forgetting to get/find a big enough box...that is the issue...My normal box scrounging places aren't cutting it...

Unless you want to wait for Zach to go up, whatever is fine. I'll be doing more box hunting tonight.

Nick....YOu should know the fee for such things by now ;)

but WHY WHY WHY do you want to change it, Paige and I BOTH think it sounds absolutely fine!! Smooth, clean sound. And Paige abhors ricey sounds as much as I do if not more!! What do you want from it?? Louder, quieter?

Laters
Ryan

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
None left at the moment...but always have lotsa parts sitting around, what do you need?

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
chino9656 said:
I'll probably be headin up in a couple weeks to redeem/buy more lotto tickets:) if it still hasn't been sent, I'll drive it up to ya.

I'm bored...came home early, nothing to do...
hmm depends on how soon i guess... or if ryan can find a box here soon... he'll just have to let me know..

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Ryan said:
...but WHY WHY WHY do you want to change it, ...What do you want from it?? Louder, quieter?

Laters
Ryan
Maybe a little more like mine?? :D I got to stand behind mine last night... OOohhh I love the sound.
Nick, did you get that leak fixed yet? That was the worst part of your exhaust sound. My front springs have droped just a little. Just enough to make the front the same hight off the wheels as the rear. I think the shocks are adjusting as well. The ride is very much like stock. The cornering has pottential to be better, as soon as I get an alignment. I can feal it doesn't roll as much, but the drivers side front wheel is noticably cocked in at the top.

Josh, when are you putting your springs and struts on?? And when are you boosting!??

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Well, the springs and struts are combined into one package and don't really need to be seperated. I'm going to try and throw the rear on Thursday and front on Friday so I can get an alignment Saturday before races on Sunday. Cross the fingers!!

Boost ... well I keep telling myself once the semester is over ... that'd be end of April, but we'll see if any long stretches of no-assignment time pop up soon!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I would think that since it's just a swap on the springs and struts, it should take less than an hour and a half for all 4. On the rear, I started by loosening the lug nuts, then crawled in the trunk (good luck with that one) and unbolted the the 3 bolts on each side. then jacked the car up from the middle of the rear. The passenger side you will need to remove the caliper assymbly, but that is cake, go for the two big bolts on the bac that holds the caliper braket to the hub assym. That way the ebrake cable and everything just swing out of the way. The front I did the same way. Took off the top 4 bolts, loosened the lugs and raised it up. Poped the wheels off, two bolts and the strut assym is off.
How much of a drop are your springs?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
wpendl1 said:
How much of a drop are your springs?
Massive.

Actually, they are fully adjustable. They claim 4" of adjustability, but even on the highest setting it's like 1" lower. That's the difficulty I'm having right now. Where to set it at without bottoming out, but giving a good racing stance.

If you want to see a Probe with the K-Sports installed .. here:

Stock/Before
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/km_heisler/DSC00010.jpg
After K-Sport Drop (not even on lowest setting, but you'd already need to roll fenders)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/km_heisler/DSC00012.jpg

So basically the answer is .. as low as I want. Anyone feel like helping with it?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I like mine for a good street ride, but for race, and looks, I would go maybe an .75 inches lower. So I guess that would be about 2.5-3 inches from stock. My stock struts have bump stops to keep the car from bottoming out, but I haven't hit them yet.
Tell me when your going to do it and where. I'll be happy to help you.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Well, Richard is out of town so I can't use his garage this week. Anyone have openings? I guess I could just do it out on the road if it heats up a little. Unfortunately weather isn't looking good and neither is sunday races. UGGH.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
It's going to start warming up today. In the 40 and 50's this week. So they say. Lets see, you'll need a 14 mm wrench, 17mm socket, and brakerbar, 17 mm wrench, a couple 1/2 " extentions, and 1/2" ratchet, a pair of pliers, and a 12 mm wrench or socket. Oh, yes and a star wrench and jack.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Bill, what is your email address, I will send you a video of what it sounds like now. It is not a perfect vid, but you can get the jist.
Nick

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Nick, I PM'd you my email.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
impact wrench helps with getting those bolts off, hahahaha.
So leslie's transmission was grinding so badly because all of the shift forks have big gouges in them and one of them is cracked all the way through! a new set is $310!!!! aahhhh!!! I'm gonna have to borrow money from my mom or something. good news is my car is going to be put together by the 23rd, as long as I get the trans parts, because that's the day my mechanic goes into surgery. he said the car has to be done by then, because he's out for the count for 2 months after that...
we hired another tech, and two other "helpers", but the helper kids are in highschool shop class, and they aren't exacly self-motivated. they always have to ask what to do, how to do it, where to do it...god it's annoying.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
ryan, I have a weird idea for a throttle body boot. we had a 92 explorer v6 in today, and the throttle body boot on that looked like the TB end was the same size as the f2t...

2081 - 2100 of 12501 Posts