Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 12501 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Bill, my car didn't pass the inspection due to front tires, which I'm getting replaced tomorrow (Thurs) morning. So I don't want to roll up trying to pass again w/o the mirror so I'm gonna need it one more day, I can bring it back tomorrow.

Also, they say my belts need to go, but I'm not going to pay them $120 to replace $20-30 worth of belts, so could either of you Ryan or Bill find a day in the next 10 days to help me change those? I've never done it before...

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
The 2 accesory belts are cake. Take about 10 minutes for both. Buy them from Autozone and bring them by. I'll be working on the red 93 for a couple hours this eve. If you wanted to stop by between 5 and 7, I should already be dirty. :)
The timming belt, if it needs to be replaced, it's a little more involved. We'd need about an hour providing we don't run into any problems. Just let me know what you want to do.
The 2 acc belts I'll do for nothing, the timming belt... $20.00 labor.
My work number is 902-4406. I'm usually there during the day. And you already have home number.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Bill, did you get your little present on the doorstep...I came by but you weren't there...Had a surprise too, Bridgette rather liked it:

Yep, that's right, the RX-8 Rims are on!!! YAY!! They're so freaking sweet.

More from: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/440413/5

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Ohhhhh, nice! So you take a picture in front of my house... Those look so nice! I'm jelouse....

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Dude, Ryan, I love those wheels... I need something like that for my M. What is the circumfrnce diffrence between those and stock?

the 93 is one step closer to being done. I have to align the timming belt, put on one new CV boot clamp, put the wheels back, hood back on, and lower it on to it's own tires again! Hopefully by tuesday!

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
BILL Let me know about tires, I can get those pretty quick.

And you should check out auto-x tomorrow, promises to be fun!

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
AutoX... I had my boys this weekend. Plus I was working on the 93... I got it running! It was missing, so I took the plug wires out, and plugs... I am going to replace them both, then I had problems getting the number 3 plug out... The wire boot was stuck inside. I am still trying to get it out. I am getting small peices of it out at a time with long neck needle nose pliers... Hopefully I'll be done with that tonight. So tire will be soon this week. Infact. You can come pick up the front wheels anytime to take those in.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Ok, I'll swing by tonight and grab them, probably around 6:30 or 7 pm depending on what time I get off work :)

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Ooops. I left them out in the back yard for you, but when I went to use my lovers' cell phone to tell you, she had left it at home. We were already in the movie theater. Saw Hitch... It was pretty good.
I'll be home tonight. Miller is going to swing by to have his belts changed.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Mmm...Two M Editions in on one street...that was good stuff...

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Four 2nd gen MX6's at one house!!! Even better!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey guys, a guy down here in Provo with another Burgundy M Edition needs to replace his EGR valve - and he's asking ME about it, me who just yesterday learned how to change brake pads... yeah... So I read about it and I understand WHAT it is, but I don't know where or how, etc. He says he thinks it can be cleaned if one knows how - but is that something we could pull off the blown engine from the red 93??

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Hmm...That's a fun job I'm sure, IM probably has to come off to get it...maybe, haven't had to do one before. But between Bill and I we've got two or three of them still attached to IM's.

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Sestais said:
AND a cop w/ a stick up his... !!
LOL. Oh, yeah. That's a requirment to being a cop I think. You have to be an ass, and hate speeding.... :flipa:

As far as the EGR valve. It is just under the throttle body. It should be easy enought to get to with the throttle body and intake box and crap off. It'd take a few hours. The hardest part is getting the exhaust tube off the back of it. I think it was a 22 or 23 mm wrench. Not a common size. As far as a replacement... Yep. I have a good one. You should give him this webpage info.
Nice of you to find a replacement for when you go back to Texas. :)

Ryan, maybe we can just do this at the meet??

Tell the guy we'll do it for $50.00. Part included. I'm sure that's a scrape in the bucket to what he'd be charged elseware.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Yeah, that's a very small scrape in the bucket.

We could do it then, I've certainly got the tools and space.

Speaking of which, what's the plan, anything for this weekend before Miller leaves?

And as a side note, the weekend of the 23-24 they're running Wendover Solo2 out there...I really would like to be there so options are either this weekend so Miller can be around or the weekend of April 30-May 1. Of course you could all come out with me to Wendover, great course out there, and as always Great Buffet. I'll likely go out Friday Night, sleep for cheap in the cheap Utah side hotels and of course race Saturday.

Bill...Forgot bolts, got tied up on the '90 GT, but I've got the wheels and will deliver them tonight, 'bout the same time :)

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
66 Posts
I told him to check out the UPOC thread a few days ago, but I'll pass along the offer to him. Before I head to Houston and then Virginia I have a quick question, have any of you struggled with your cruise control before? Mine doesn't work, the light comes on (I know the orange light comes on, I'll have to check if the green light comes on for when you set the speed) - either way, nothing happens. It worked great on my previous mx6, so I thought this time I'd check the fuses, cause on previous cars I swear I've seen a fuse for that, but I can't find anything. Any ideas?

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
If no fuses are bad there's a pretty simple thing you can check. The brake pedal. Happened to me once, the pedal either gets out of adjustment or the switch can go bad causing your brake lights to be on when they shouldn't be. Simple fix usually...when I discovered this I used a nickel and a peice of tape. I think it's still there.

If not that the cruise controll module may be bad, cable might not be hooked up, electrical connection loose, vacuum chamber leaks ect.

Laters
Ryan

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
And for a double post...

Be at my house, Saturday around 4-5 PM. Bachelor Party for Bill and Good Bye for a fellow 6'er going back to Texas;). Drinks on me, and some snacks...$5 pizza's anybody??

And any special requests?

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey, I was led to this forum by SESTAIS. He's been talking to you about an EGR valve and replacement. That would be so amazing if I could get with you two and get it fixed - the CEL light is bugging me so bad! Also, a belt change would be nice, if you would offer me the same courtesy! A general look-around of the car would be good, I know Toyota but not Mazda!

I'm in Provo, and could come to wherever would be convenient. Saturday works for me, or anytime after next Thursday since i have final exams, would be great. Thanks!!

201 - 220 of 12501 Posts