Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 12501 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
I wouldnt try that if it were me just in case so it doesnt screw anything up, just wire a switch up like Ryan did :cool:

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
So...Didn't make it to RMR in time tonight...Missed it by half an hour. So I decided to head home...on the way ran into a 14.5 second civic and schooled him on the freeway. He was fairly impressed. Then came the SRT-4 on State, little second gear run...He won because my turbo took a sec to spool, where he worked the clutch. But as soon as it did acutally spool I stayed about with him....Still need to get a good run with them.

And I can oficially say why car salesmen are the worst people to deal with....Been working at Mazda of all places and while the product is great, and I love everythig I deal with....The people are terrible...Basically it's this...What do you call 5,000 car salesmen at the bottom of the ocean...NOT ENOUGH!!!!

Seriously, they are terrible...easily the scuzziest, dirtiest, low down people I know. Not to say that every one of them is bad, there's a couple that I actually kinda like, but all in all...They're dirtbags.

As soon as I'm all moved into my new house, we'll have a meet there...lots of parking for lots of cars...and a great back yard!!

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
131 Posts
Had bolth of mine wired up on the '6 so that the computer would still kick cycle them normally said:
Did you wire your switch to the coolant temp or fan sensor? I wired a switch and an adjustable resistor to my coolant temp sensor cause I wanted to be able to kick the fans on whenever I want but also controls how early the computer kick cycle. But when I switch them on I got a cel. So I tried wiring them to the fan sensor and same thing. I messed around with the wiring now I got it to where I can switch it on without the cell turning on and I can use the resistor and turn the fans on low or high but when I pull the sensor out the fans don't turn on anymore. How did you have yours wired cause I'm way confused right now.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
I just spliced in the wiring, pulled back the sheilding and soldered in the wires running to the relay and ground.

Makes it easy and the computer will still kick the fans when it wants/needs to.

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's the weirdest thing, that's the same thing I did except my switch to kick on the fan is also connected to the adjustable pentiometer. The pentiometer has a 10ohms resistor so the pentiometer can never be adjusted to 0 ohms and short circuit. Right now I can turn the fans on manually but for some reason it doesn't seem like the computer is able to kick on the cycle automatically. I'm not sure why cause the circuit for the sensors aren't broken.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Haha I'm just a retard. I had everything hooked up right I just didn't adjust the pentiometer right.

M

·
0 Posts
Well i did a compression test on my car today and all cylinders were at 145 psi. I think that my mass airflow sensor must not be working cause when i turn off my car get there is a pop that the little bullet shaped thing is closing, anybody have an extra one laying around:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
A few of my buddies and I are going to be up camping saturday through monday. All of you guys are invited to come if you want to come hang and party. We'll be up at sour dough. It's just a little ways past Monte Cristo. If anyone interested let me know and I'll get directions.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Wow, sorry for the late reply!

You live in Sandy..I just moved here!!

Anyway, you can spot me driving a Gold First Gen PGT with a BOV and all, currently I've got my beefy drag tires on so I'm easy to spot. Also you might see my brother in his '90 First Gen turbo running around open piped, also hard to miss ;)

We'll be having a get-together at my house soon so keep in touch!!

Oh, and we can also be found at Probe Enthusiast.com

Laters
Ryan

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Ok, here's some usefull info:

I've been busy, but we need a meet!! :p

Really, it needs to happen...Saturday, after 8pm or Monday evening after 6pm works... or I have all day Sunday and Tuesday off. Any day is fine, and if somebody has a little too much 'fun' I've got pleanty of sleeping room.

Most whenever is good for me. I'd say Friday evening, but I work late every other Friday, and on my early days I go to RMR.

So throw back some Ideas for a day, and BBQ or just snacks. I've got a grille and a big backyard, and lots of parking.

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ohhh I see, well yeah let's do something, Sorry about my late reply but my Internet was down for almost two months, yeah just get as many mx6'ers as you can.... and tell me the day and time I'll be there ,will do something crazy or som.... here is my number just incase 568-1212:cool:

EJ

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Well, nice to hear you've got your internet back!

As for meets the ones talked about previously have since come and gone. I'll keep the meets up to date here but our adobted 'home base' is at www.Probe-Enthusiast.com.

The closest thing comming up will probably be our next run to Wendover in, the first sunday of October, the 3rd I believe. Of course if you ever just feel like a random canyon run post it up! I'm always down to hang out, kick it, cruise state, cruise a canyon, turn a wrench, grab a bit to eat, whatever. Just drop me a line.

My home phone is 576-6462 and you can leave a message if I'm not there.

Laters
Ryan

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Well...

Tranny in my '89 is getting replaced as the previous one stuck in third and I'm thinking about a re-build for it with LSD....Yummy.

My Exploder is running, ABS, new rear brake shoes, manual lockers and ready for winter...MMmmm...Snow...31x10.50 15's will ensure that!

'93 PGT runs great....>Seafoam is awesome stuff, freed up two stuck rings and raised compression back up as much as 35 pts in one cylinder!!

'89 MX6 LX...Well..at 230k plus...it...uh...Runs?

'90 MX6 GT...fairly severe oil leak, possibly donor from '90 Gray PGT parts car in back yard...

'bout it for now...how's your car life?

Laters
Ryan

21 - 40 of 12501 Posts