Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

8081 - 8100 of 12501 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I was a member of Wasatch Drivers a while ago but haven't posted in forever there, cause like you said ... it was a bunch of stuck-up snots. (Even though I have a BMW as well!) This forum is alot more fun!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was a member of Wasatch Drivers a while ago but haven't posted in forever there, cause like you said ... it was a bunch of stuck-up snots. (Even though I have a BMW as well!) This forum is alot more fun!
What was your name on there?

Yeah, we weeded out the assholes... well most of them. I am still there, but no BMW for me. It has changed a lot in the last 6 months... its been nice.

I am going to Bimmerfest in Santa Barbara though... but it aint for the BMWs. Warm sun and a beach... yup... that means bitches!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hey does anybody know of any pick and pulls down that way as in SLC area that have any 2nd gen GT's?? ive been to the ones up here in Ogden and they dont have [shizzle].

Bill just wondering if you got a chance to read the pm i sent you? or if you ever got it?
ill be there this weekend, ill let you know if i see any...hopefully i just have to visit one yard, but might be multiple. dont know how available quad 4 parts are

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Hey does anybody know of any pick and pulls down that way as in SLC area that have any 2nd gen GT's?? ive been to the ones up here in Ogden and they dont have [shizzle].

Bill just wondering if you got a chance to read the pm i sent you? or if you ever got it?
I've seen a few at Pull Apart and Pick&Pull, plus that other one that's way out past RMR (can't remember it's exact name). They're definitely out there though.

·
Registered
283 Posts
im planin on heading down to them on sat if u guys by chance have addresses or directions on how 2 get 2 them from O town. basically im lookn 4 interior door panels, nicer window switches, a few other parts i cant think of rite now, theres quite a few parts im lookn 4

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Ashton, i didn't get your PM... did you send it to my blackberry or here on mx6.com? My BB doesn't accept IMs any more.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Went to PnP this morning. One F2T on the whole lot.

Sad.

The 626 sounds like a firetruck now. Either the compressor wheel ate something, or my scald up a canyon last night heated up some plastic and cracked it. I was gonna pull the turbo off the probe at PnP, but it went clunk clunk as the wheel hit the housing. No bueno.

If this turbo is bad, I guess its time to put the 50trim on that I have. It was gonna go on the Civic, but that project will never get done. I'll need to source a stock exhaust manni and get some welding done.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Smbandb2, last time I was at the JY on 2100s, just past RMR they had a few 1G's that had VERY good turbo's on them. Might still be there :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sweet, thanks.

Tore it apart today, the compressor wheel ate something. There is zero shaft play at all. The previous owner said the turbo was rebuilt right before they parked it, and it seems to show.

One of the fins is missing a chunk, so I think I could get away with just swapping wheels and getting it balance. But, that kind of seems pointless to me... since a turbo upgrade was planned. My goal ultimately is to run about 12-15psi on a larger turbo. I need to order a chip and get it into the rom reader. Its easier to order a $35 probinator chip than pull a stock ecu. One of my best friends is one of the worlds best BMW tuners (google Jim Conforti) so we should be able to do a custom chip pretty easy. Once I get that figured out, I'll be more than happy to share the wealth with you guys.

Does anyone locally have a stock manifold they want to sell? Or even better, a T3 flanged one. That would be awesome!

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
was just at the one off 2100...only 1 turbo there, not out on the lot yet. they said give it about a week, its not in the next bunch going out, but the one after...white 626 turbo, all others had been stripped. only 2 or 3 2gens out even, kinda disappointed, but one does have a kl, no disty or balance tube on the intake mani...found the quad 4 crank donor though, so good news there

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bill i sent it on here i guess you must not have got it, Ill send i new one when i get a minute this week. Have you ever pulled the valves, springs, clips, retainers etc out of the stock kl motor?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I have not rebuilt a KL head... The tool needed to compress the springs to pull the retainer is specialized for OHC heads with Hydrolic lifters. Anyway it's only about $330 to have a head rebuilt at a shop including having the face machined and new valve guid seals.
I'm guessing this is for the ZE that you have? Wanting to replace the buggered ZE retainer clips?

Ryan, do you have a valve spring compressor for the KL's?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I have pulled the valvetrain from a set of KL heads before and lapped them w/ compound. You can get a small extension from NAPA for the the valve spring compressor to make it easier on our heads. I don't think I would do the job for someone else though as I don't consider myself experienced enough to be liable.

Ryan, I got the harness and computer from Kitty, thanks. I'll hopefully get it plugged in this afternoon and see if it fires up now.

8081 - 8100 of 12501 Posts