Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

10001 - 10020 of 12501 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
i wonder why he doesnt want it anymore? makes me curious about how fast it is, ive never ridden in a ZE so once my motor is done and in and running

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Got dibs.
Haha! He just doesn't want it. He bought a truck and has lost interest in the Probe. It runs great and is fun as hell to drive. I am trying to convince him to give it to me, but I think he wants the money.

-Nick

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Hey everybody, selling some stuff so I can buy Nick's car, wanna help? :D

Goodyear Eagle F1 (2) 245/40/18 (2 )275/35/18 $60
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...185527&cat=243

(1) 235/65/16 Bridgestone Dueler H/T $30
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...185688&cat=243

(4) Goodyear Assurance 225/60/16 $40
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...185945&cat=243

HOME THEATRE STUFF:

Toshiba 46in 1080i 720p Rear Projection HDTV $400
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...186531&cat=483

Sony Home Theatre System $100
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...187017&cat=494

Denon Home Theatre Receiver $75
ksl.com - Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
your audio bits are tempting, as is the tv...timing's not right for me, though...or I would, a couple months more and I would have likely taken it all from you...as long as you gave me a ride in the ze, but you should still anyways, I've never been in one...

·
Registered
582 Posts
your audio bits are tempting, as is the tv...timing's not right for me, though...or I would, a couple months more and I would have likely taken it all from you...as long as you gave me a ride in the ze, but you should still anyways, I've never been in one...
Do we need to schedule a race day sometime VERY soon so everyone can have a chance to drive the ZE before it gets sold?

-Nick

·
Registered
283 Posts
i vote for yes

·
Registered
283 Posts
whats the chance of my car passing emissions with a resonated testpipe on? or should i just save me a trip to get it tested and put the cat back on it?

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
whats the chance of my car passing emissions with a resonated testpipe on? or should i just save me a trip to get it tested and put the cat back on it?

Zero. I've tried on my car. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
ya i was thinking the same thing ill have to change it i guess

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
So finally had the chance to pull the trans from the 2gen and check it out...I am a very lucky diff blower-upper...didn't hardly touch the case at all, and the rest of the trans appears to have survived pretty well, too. Ill get pics when I have the chance...3rd/4th shift fork is rather unhappy, I'm surprised it shifted as well as it did

Ryan, by chance do you know what spline the axles are? 26 or 28

·
Registered
582 Posts
Alright, sorry to get you all excited but Brian has decided to sell the ZE to me for a smoking hot deal. At least it stays in our little circle and I know the new owner will take good care of it, HAHA!
BTW, I need a donor Probe GT (94-97) with black interior. Does anyone know of one around?

-Nick

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Alright, sorry to get you all excited but Brian has decided to sell the ZE to me for a smoking hot deal. At least it stays in our little circle and I know the new owner will take good care of it, HAHA!
BTW, I need a donor Probe GT (94-97) with black interior. Does anyone know of one around?

-Nick
Well fuck, now I still need to go find a car... :p

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Went to Pick-and-Pull today and got lucky. They had the most 1Gs there I've ever seen; 3 white ones, a red one that was rear ended, and a black GT. The GT was odd though. It had been converted to naturally aspirated with an NA manifold and exhaust, but it still had the GT badges, adjustable suspension, and GT trans. It would have been perfect to grab a lot from, but it had an engine fire around the battery. The airbox, distributor, intercooler hoses, pretty much anything plastic in the bay was melted and ruined. The hood and driver's side fender were pretty well toasted too. However there were some good things; I grabbed the black power mirrors for Alita, and there was also a throttle body boot in the trunk that looks like it's got no cracks. Score!

Anyway, beyond that, the 3 white ones were hit-and-miss. The first two both had ruined fenders, but the third thankfully had one that is perfectly straight. It has quite a few paint chips with minor rust around each, but they should be easy to clean up. I'm pretty excited I finally found one I can use for repainting. Matt, I'll probably still claim those red fenders from you sometime if you wanna sell em for cheap.

The red 1G was my last lucky find. Even though it was rear-ended and the trunk was folded almost in half, the spoiler was untouched. The paint is faded on top but all the screw holes are intact. So finally my DD can do away with its old spoiler that's hanging on by one bolt.

Nick, there were 3 2G probes I saw with black interiors. None of them were untouched, but between the 3, you could probably manage to get a full interior.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

boom...it did get to 30mph really fast though;) the rest of the tranny survived, but I did switch the 3rd/4th shift fork for one in better shape, but it was still ok, still shifted good

yeah, the fenders are still set aside, I guess just pm me when you're ready...

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Nice! Good to see it didn't harm the case!

Time for one of these!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I'm working on it...why I asked the diff spline count...should have one by the end of the summer...

Nobody here seemed to acknowledge I said I was throwing a little party thing on the 3rd...if you did and didn't say anything I'm postponing it until I get my yard a bit more situated, but I will do one this summer, maybe after a run somewhere...but money is set aside for one, like not waiting on all my scrap to be turned in, it's been turned in and is collecting interest in my savings;)

10001 - 10020 of 12501 Posts