Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

10021 - 10040 of 12501 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
I lost my best friend yesterday, He was the teen on the news that died in an atv crash in emery... I have known him though pretty much all of my childhood, still don't know if it has gotten all the way though that I won't see him again.

Make sure that you do more with the people who mean alot to you, you never know when it could be them. Soloman will be missed by many. There are alot of us who think of him as our best friend.

( probally not supposed to be on here but oh well)

RIP SJG

·
Registered
283 Posts
ya it is, what is this the 3rd or 4th owner now in the past year? I wonder why nobody seems to want to keep it? its definitely clean and good looking

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
It looks great...from 30ft away...then you see the shitty paint, fisheyes, and the mosquito stuck in the clear coat. :lol:

·
Registered
582 Posts
That is awesome! I wonder why people are passing it off so quickly. That would be three owners in the past 18 months, myself included. Oh, and there is a lot more aftermarket in that car than this guy is listing, and those are only 17 inch wheels, not 18s. I think I will go drive it, HAHA!!

-Nick

·
Registered
582 Posts
How much do you think is a good price for a ZE IM with no tubing or fuel rails?

-Nick

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Holly crap. Im in the middle of changing a half shaft in a 94 626 4cyl auto. What a PITA. I couldn't seperate the intermediat shaft from the half shaft by gently tapping and pulling like you should be able to so I moved on to more pusuation with a 10 lb sledge. Still no go. I ended up removing the half shaft and intermediate shaft together and started wailing on it with the sledge on the ground. Still no go. I pulled the little cap out from inside after seperating the CV joint and started smacking the hell out of the intermediate shaft through the CV joint and I still can not get it apart. The joint moves a little back and forth so the splines are free, I just can't get that damn clip to pop allowing it to seperate. I think it's long past time to get a press in my garage. GRRRRRR.

Dyl, sorry to hear about your friend. I didn't see the news.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I had a problem like that with a 94 probe auto (4cyl, too now that I think about it)...trying to get an axle for a buddy out of the jy, never did get it out...moved on to the next...

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I got it! Only took all of what the 20 ton shop press had to finally bust it apart, literally. It took off about 8 teeth from the end of the intermediate shaft splines. Friken rediculouse!
Anyway, one more Mazda back on the road. Tranny from the JY = $320, Half shaft = $70, Brake pads = $30, keeping a 94 626 on the road another year = priceless.
Getting that tranny out was the biggest PITA I've had for a while. Torque converter bolts needed to be taken out via the starter hole on the backside of the tranny. I ended up removing the IM. Also had to remove the drivers side axle in order to twist the tranny enough to get it out... a couple more wires, and pull off the AC compressor and I could have just removed the whole engine. Probably would have been a hole lot easier.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Dam What A Joke dam Mazdas haha well i have to change a broken in half drivers side cv axel on my 94GT here in the next few days i hope it goes alot easier than that im moving so i have to put the whole front end back together so i can take it

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
more like damn mazda automatics...I've never liked pulling the autos, can do a 1gn manual pretty easily, 2gen manuals just as easy, except when there's turbo piping in the way...

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Yeah, the automatics blow, part of the reason I haven't bothered putting another one in the blue Probe yet.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Well, finally finished reassembly of the trans for the 2gen, just mixed the best parts to make the one for now...still wanna run a 12 with bill's setup, but if it breaks again, I'll be fixing it the way I want...only b/c I don't like working on this one as much as the others, turbo'd kl's are not fun to take apart...

Not that I don't like the way bill did it, has been a blast the whole time, but with a bit more work I'm hoping for more power, so will need to fix it up a bit different to take it...

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
kinda looks like zach's old one...except the windows aren't tinted as dark...that could have been changed...wish I could find comething similar in an mx6 so I can convert mine to black...;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
looks kinda like mine too... thats a good deal, i need some black interior myself too

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
:sigh:WTF? You guys want to buy a good car just to rip the interior out?? He says timing belt slipped... I'd say it either broke, or the disty went out. Either way an easy fix! Fools, rip apart a good car...:sigh:

10021 - 10040 of 12501 Posts