Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

10041 - 10060 of 12501 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
:sigh:WTF? You guys want to buy a good car just to rip the interior out?? He says timing belt slipped... I'd say it either broke, or the disty went out. Either way an easy fix! Fools, rip apart a good car...:sigh:
HAHA! You are not considering the entire picture here... I take the black interior, swap my gray interior into this car, fix the problem and sell it for $1200 or so, making profit.
Now is that such a bad idea (assuming he is telling the truth about the problem)?

-Nick

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
You buy it, I'll fix it for you. ;)

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
What is his idea of blown?? A bad head gasket, or he ran it out of oil and ruined the bearings or he over reved it and put a rod through the block??
I'd stick with the $500 timing belt problem, even if the black wheels are ugly. ;)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
OH yeah, and quit posting Fords, this is an mx6 forum. :D

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
OH yeah, and quit posting Fords, this is an mx6 forum. :D
:lol:

Nick, trailer won't be available for at least a week, it's got tree branches on it right now, as soon as they're gone I've got to haul a car from the shop.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
so about the fenders...curious if maybe you could work something out with ryan to trade me...I need a pair of non-pre cat manifolds for a kl, and if possible, the plastic ducting that goes in front of the air meter, don't need the box or the meter, just the plastic pieces in front...other than those parts, I have just about everything to put mark's old car together as a stock car;)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Does anyone know this guy?
ksl.com - Car Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming

I want it! Black interior for my GTZE!! Ryan, can I use your car hauler?

-Nick
I went and looked at this car last night... the dist is pretty new, and the timing belt is in place, but it sounds like the belt did slip. New belt and tentioner and you'd most likley have a running KL with a crappy Probe body on it. I don't mean crappy because it is a Probe, the drivers side rear quarter pannel behind the door was smashed in at one time. It was repaired with a 1/2" of bondo and the bondo is comming off. But fear not, someone found a can of black spay paint so the bondo is black too instead of greyish.
Oh and the 114,000 mile engine must have been a bad typo. Try 194,000!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I went and looked at this car last night... the dist is pretty new, and the timing belt is in place, but it sounds like the belt did slip. New belt and tentioner and you'd most likley have a running KL with a crappy Probe body on it. I don't mean crappy because it is a Probe, the drivers side rear quarter pannel behind the door was smashed in at one time. It was repaired with a 1/2" of bondo and the bondo is comming off. But fear not, someone found a can of black spay paint so the bondo is black too instead of greyish.
Oh and the 114,000 mile engine must have been a bad typo. Try 194,000!
Well forget that. Even if it did run it wouldn't be worth $1,000. Does the interior look decent?

·
Registered
582 Posts
so about the fenders...curious if maybe you could work something out with ryan to trade me...I need a pair of non-pre cat manifolds for a kl, and if possible, the plastic ducting that goes in front of the air meter, don't need the box or the meter, just the plastic pieces in front...other than those parts, I have just about everything to put mark's old car together as a stock car;)
What do you mean by "non-pre cat manifolds?"
I have a complete KL exhaust system from the manifold back. Want some pieces?

-Nick

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm not sure if we have either of those parts, or if Ryan would be willing to trade 2G parts for 1G parts since he wouldn't be able to use them :p

Maybe there's some other odd part you need? I've been going to PnP quite a bit lately, and there's a couple 2G MX-6s and Probes I could grab parts off of. If we don't have that plastic air duct, I could probably locate it at PnP.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Why I was seeing if you could work something out with him...I have more 1g parts than I know what to do with...I do lack in the mx6 end, but for the most part I have more than I need...I figure the air ducting would be a long shot, but a possibility on the mani's...

What do you mean by "non-pre cat manifolds?"
I have a complete KL exhaust system from the manifold back. Want some pieces?

-Nick
I mean like the 93s...I have a set of 96s but the car is a 93, as is the exhaust that's in it...of all the motors I've acquired in the last year, I only got one set of exh manis, and they have the cats in them...now that I think about it, the exhaust is a 96, out of bill's, think the y pipes can be swapped? Would prefer the whole 93 setup...how much would you want for the mani's? And stock muffler if you have?

Ryan, would that air ducting to the air box need to be in place to run in the stock class for auto-x? If it's ok to be missing, then I'll not worry about it...

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Matt, I've got some manifolds sitting around. Do you need the y-pipe?

As for a stock muffler, not sure I have one, but I do have a 2.5" crush bent cat-back with a magnaflow muffler, the one that was on Kitty in the G-stock days.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Matt, I've got some manifolds sitting around. Do you need the y-pipe?

As for a stock muffler, not sure I have one, but I do have a 2.5" crush bent cat-back with a magnaflow muffler, the one that was on Kitty in the G-stock days.
I have a whole stock exhaust minus the muffler, I have both style's of y pipe, so wouldn't need one, and I only have the newer style mani's...I would like to run the car in a stock class starting next year, so am making it as stock as possible...I even have all GOOD stock mounts, including the funny one on bottom of the trans...the muffler and ducting in front of the air box are the only things I can think of that I'm missing. Figure I'll start racing that way to get used to it...I still find turning hard unnerving from a few over ambitious turns in a miata in heavy rain...then I'll start to modify it...I think it would be fun to say get a turbo II rx7 and swap a KL into it, and modify from there, RX7 chassis with a heavily built n/a KL would be very zesty;)

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Why I was seeing if you could work something out with him...I have more 1g parts than I know what to do with...I do lack in the mx6 end, but for the most part I have more than I need...I figure the air ducting would be a long shot, but a possibility on the mani's...

I mean like the 93s...I have a set of 96s but the car is a 93, as is the exhaust that's in it...of all the motors I've acquired in the last year, I only got one set of exh manis, and they have the cats in them...now that I think about it, the exhaust is a 96, out of bill's, think the y pipes can be swapped? Would prefer the whole 93 setup...how much would you want for the mani's? And stock muffler if you have?

Ryan, would that air ducting to the air box need to be in place to run in the stock class for auto-x? If it's ok to be missing, then I'll not worry about it...
This is the listing on KSL. car-part.com is showing that yards in the area are selling the manifolds for around $50 EACH, I have the whole thing here for $50; both manifolds, piping, y-pipe, and muffler. It is not the OEM muffler, but it doesn't flow any better than stock.
Let me know if you want it.
ksl.com - Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming Probe

-Nick

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
So I knew I saw this car somewhere:

ksl.com - Car Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming

At PnP!

Same trunk, same hood, same pin striping on the side. I find it very lazy the poster couldn't be bothered to remove the add after giving the car to a junkyard, but lol.

10041 - 10060 of 12501 Posts