I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
What a punk! Relisting only to sell it to a family member a day later. Was this another punk kid?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
OK guys. I'm car shopping now ... FINALLY. I have a budget of $10,000-15,000. I really want a C5 Vette, and while there are plenty for under $15K ... I'm limited to a tight trvael radius right now and can't find any deals locally. To make sure I'm not overlooking any other great options out there ... I want some input. The vehicle MUST be a RWD, preferably a coupe (doesn't NEED to be), and available in a MTX. Also ... something within the last decade that I can find w/ less than 100K miles.

Here's the list I've got so far:
Nissan 350Z
Infiniti G35
Ford Mustang GT '05+
Subaru WRX
BMW 325/328is

Any additions?

P.S. I'm 6'4" ... so don't say Miata. And I left the RX8 off because I'm not a rotary fan.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
You like the gto? there are a couple running around here, sound mean as hell;) Still has the vette motor, and a better car than the last camaro/trans am...just a thought. I like the g35s alot, too...

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Yeah ... I LOVE G35s ... but again ... not many around here. I've seen some really good deals on the '99-'04 Mustang GT's and I've been thinking about buying one of those and getting a supercharger kit with all the money I saved. Before Ryan chimes in ... this is NOT an AutoX/Track car. It's a daily driver ... and what's more fun than a Flowmasterfied Mustand running 6psi and whining? :)

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
OK ... I'll give you that! But like I said ... it's not really an option at the moment. I'm restricted to a 50 mile travel radius for a few months and I need a vehicle. I set up an appointment for tomorrow to go check this '02 Mustang GT out.

78,000 miles, new tires, mint condition. It's hard to tell from the photo but it's dark green .... similar to my old MX6. I'm bringing $$ with me ... so I'll prolly be driving it home.

·
Registered
283 Posts
how much they askin for it? looks like bullit, defenitely fun to drive

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
It was a Bullit-Lookalike. Just a regular GT, but the Bullit only had 5 more HP and a slightly stiffer suspension.

So yeah, I bought it. He dropped $500 off the price if he kept the bullit rims and put back on the stock ones ... so I did that. I want some nicer/wider rims anyhow. It's got Flowmaster 40's on it and sounds pretty good. The leather interior is in REALLY good shape for the age ... I was shocked at the condition. Excellent. Take traction control off and it's a pretty fun car until 5,500 RPM and then flats out. It really needs an intake and headers.

I have another $5,000 to play with on mods ... so once my classes end there will be some big but reliable mods in store.

The guy was a Mustang Nut and had another '02 but 10.5 Outlaw Turbo Mustang he raced. 1800 HP or some incredible#. Here's a pic of it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
dam i bet that stang aint no joke...

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
It runs great, but takes some getting used to the lower RPM powerband. I had a 5.0 Mustang a long time ago and it was way worse. This will rev to 6,500 fine but flattens out around 5,500. Hoping some headers and intake will waken up an extra 500 RPM or so. The instant 305 lbs of torque is sure nice though! Handling is lacking but its the mushy stock setup. But the exhaust note through the Flowmasters combined with the tire squeel when I turn off traction control is just awesome!

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

You know, I just realized something...what is it with Army guys and Mustangs? :p

·
Registered
582 Posts
We are drawn to anything that is fast enough to do something stupid in, but want something that is more middle class. Mustang fits the bill. Vette's are too high class.
Josh, pics of the new stang?

-Nick

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
We are drawn to anything that is fast enough to do something stupid in, but want something that is more middle class. Mustang fits the bill. Vette's are too high class.
Josh, pics of the new stang?

-Nick
Wow, great answer!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Josh, nice mustang, I guess I'm to late on the whole car advise thing.. I've contimplated my next "toy" car over and over again, and like you, RWD a must. I was thinking more down the line of a Nissan 240SX, then dropping the famous jap 2.4 turbo engine from the Silva in it. I guess they make prety wicked track and street cars.
The G35 would have been my choice of cars on your list for the price. 26+ MPG and still decent power!

Ashton, the inner tie rods are not to bad if you have the tool (I do). The lower ball joint like Matt mentioned is pressed in, you can just buy the whole lower control arm with ball join. You will need an alignment after both. I don't have a press to press the ball joint in, but if you bring me the inner tie rod and a lower control arm, I'll install them both for $50. If you get just the ball joint, add another $20 for labor, pluss whatever the shop charges to press the old out and new in. Probably an additional $20.

Josh, I think Dillan's car is good now. He's been in a little trouble at home so he hasn't been able to take it back to be tested again, but I'm confident it will pass now after a couple minor repairs.

10081 - 10100 of 12501 Posts