Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

10101 - 10120 of 12501 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sure, here are some better shots of how it sits now with the stock wheels.

Had to look at these on my iPhone; stupid work computer blocks that website.
It looks good. I agree with Bill, my next toy car will definitely be a RWD. Probably a Mustang, only older.... like 40 years older.

-Nick

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bill thanks for the offer, that would of course been cheaper than i paid to have a shop do it. i still need to fix a exhaust leak between the cat and header prob just throw a bit of rtv on it just to pass then throw the testpipe back on....
on another note just spent the last two days moving, got my own place finally but i still need to tow my broken 94 over to my new place goin to put it in the garage hopefully the landlord wont care to much lol. waiting for my interprep springs i ordered last wk then all i need to do is yank the heads off the old motor to snag the keepers. the motor is already torn apart from taking the cams out, then i can take it to the machine shop to be put together! but i have no idea how to get the heads/keepers out/off? anybody familier with that? once i get the motor back i can bring i to Bill to have him drop the ZE in!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ashton,
That is usually something people pay a machine shop to do. I have heard the difficulty level is pretty high and there is a good chance you can fuck something up if you don't know what you are doing.
If you end up doing it yourself, let me know how it goes. I'm curious.

-Nick

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Popping the valves off is cake. Takes like 10 minutes for an entire head. The hard part is when it comes to pressure testing the springs, testing the valve seats and stem lengths etc. All that jazz the macine shop will do ... but pulling them off in advance might save you a few $$ off the labor bill. I just threw an entire removed valvetrain set before I moved. :(

I found a good Supercharger setup for the Mustang. The aftermarket is so huge and cheap it's amazing. $1800 for a complete (used) system. Gotta wait to install it though for a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Ashton, just take both sets of heads to the shop and explain what you want. I'd have a hard time beleiving they would charge more than $40 to pull the retainers off the old heads for you. Or, the better solution would be to just buy new retainers...

Ryan, I would love to come over tomorrow, but I already have plans to go to the Bees game with the boys.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Bill thanks for the offer, that would of course been cheaper than i paid to have a shop do it. i still need to fix a exhaust leak between the cat and header prob just throw a bit of rtv on it just to pass then throw the testpipe back on....
Ashoton, for one of my cars, I recall the flanges on the pipe or the Cat were bent in and this is why there was a leak. You can try to take a sledge hammer and beat them back straigt, or just throw a double gasket on it for now if it's temporary.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ashoton, for one of my cars, I recall the flanges on the pipe or the Cat were bent in and this is why there was a leak. You can try to take a sledge hammer and beat them back straigt, or just throw a double gasket on it for now if it's temporary.
I have this problem right now, but I don't really care... Maybe I will find the motivation to fix it this weekend.

-Nick

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
If you plan to have a machine shop do all the valve work, usually they don't cut a break if you disassemble it, however a good shop will disassemble it for free if they know you are taking it back for the rest of the work...I did that with my fe3 head and one of my f2 heads, had them disassemble and pull valve guides out so I could port...may need to have a reputation with the shop first...however a socket and a rag in the combustion chamber and a socket and a hammer does it fairly quick...sometimes they are stubborn

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Wow, for 3K. That seams very high for a 93 with cloth seats. I forgot how ugly those 93 stock wheels are. :(

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Geesh! I musta been missed the price, I thought it said $1300. Yeah, that's steep for an almost 20 year old car. Man, Georgia sucks ballz! The AC here broke and I'm swimming in my sweat ... blah!

So I've noticed the new ride attracts a lot of wannbe street racers. I've been trying to just ignore them as the car is bone stock and sounds a lot meaner than it really is. Don't wanna embarass myself! Ryan, I did scout out the Atlanta SCCA group and will be hitting up the next AutoX event in stock class. Yay!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
So I locked my keys in my car today, with all the windows and sunroof closed. Thankfully I was near a shopko, so I went in and bought a claw-hammer and this long double closet hanger thing, which is basically two long metal hangers with a horizontal pole. Then I used the hammer to pull the corner of the window frame open, and bent the hell out of the hanger to reach the lock. After I got in, I straightened the hanger, drove back to shopko, and returned all items for a free break-in. Feelin' dumb turned into feelin' good.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Jeremy you cheap bastard, that is so classic, and so very you. :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
What are the chances I could find someone who would trade me their Mustang for my Probe? Any good?

-Nick

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
You could sell me the Probe, that would be a nice start on a Mustang. :D

10101 - 10120 of 12501 Posts