Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

10121 - 10140 of 12501 Posts

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Anybody know any cheap Probes for sale?? MTX V6 preferably.

I've been scouring KSL Classifieds and every one that looks interesting is sold before I can get to see it....

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Danny, good looking car, but more than I want to spend right now.

This popped up last night:
ksl.com - Car Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming

Sure, it's just a 1.8L, but I've always kinda wanted one, it's cheap, I won't likely feel bad about hauling junk in the trunk, if it runs and passes ST/IM might be a do-er.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
So I ordered some new wheels for the Mustang. I didn't want the "bling" look, but more of a restrained-meaty-muscle look. Went with some Cobra R replicas in 18"x10". Mounted on them are some fatty 285/35R18. Should be putting them on this weekend and I'll post photos! Tire replacements are gonna be hella-expensive though! :(

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Josh, car looks WAAAY better!!

Can't wait to see it on wheels, suspension next??

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately I'm pretty limited right now not only with time but also resources. I don't have my tools here and the car sits out in a parking lot. While I know alot of people aren't Mustang lovers ... the aftermarket is MASSIVELY HUGE and cheap. Lots nd lots of options out there. I will be looking for a nice setup for streetability and weekend track performance. Plus .... you know me .... I like to ride really low! :)

And it is definately getting a supercharger! Turbo is too much of a project for me at this point.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
So I'll be doing some serious weight redux mods over the next few months, starting with some fiberglass and carbon fiber bits:
http://www.mx6.com/forums/general-automotive/239490-carbon-fiber-vs-fiberglass-hood-weight.html

I've found on on eBay I'll be getting:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97-Mazda-MX6-2DR-Scoote-Flared-Fiberglass-Hood_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dSIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ252BUAQ252BFICSQ26otnQ3d8Q26pmodQ3d140407157604Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d6582412055403878660QQ_trksidZp3907Q2em263QQcategoryZ36475QQitemZ140407157556

AND, thanks to Matt, a CF trunk.

Those two items should provide a 40-70lb weight reduction, hopefully closer to 70 to get me below 2500lbs with full interior, then I'll get the sunroof removed and put in place a CF plug, or just the metal outer skin as it's already painted pretty. With some luck I can get her close to 2450 with a full interior. :eek:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
:)Hooray for me browsing the f/s forums ALL THE TIME...gets me in trouble quite often...

funny we used to gut the interiors, now we do our best to keep them...well for me it's just some cars, like the 96 and whichever 1g is my dd, currently the 90, but I'm leaning more and more to getting the 89 going

but I did turn the boost up to ~10 last night, the car's got torque again...

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Yeah, loosing the interior is the LAST thing I'll do. I'll probably scrape all the sound deadening off before I actually loose the interior. :p

Besides, it's all inside the wheelbase. The of the hood and trunk are outside the wheel base which gives them a higher polar moment of inertia, IE a larger effect on handling than weight closer to the center of the car.

Oh, and I'm not doing for autocross. Lap Battle anybody? :D While I'll continue to autocross, this will put the car in a very tough class where I've got equally little chance of winning nationally, but will do a lot to make the car even more fun, and do a lot for track days. :D

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Nice to see more and more progress on Carmen! She's becoming even more and more refined! Weight reduction is awesome because it helps with both handling AND acceleration. Even gas mileage (like you even care about that though!) And yes ... Lap Battle is something I've always wanted to do, but could never really afford to. While I'm not rolling in the dough ... I do have a tiny bit more free to spend ... so maybe I'll start a project at some point here in the future.

I got the wheels put on this morning. They look sweet .. and almost blend in like a stock wheel, but sitting wider and showing more brake hardware underneath. That's just the look I was going for. One pleasant but then unpleasant surprise was that when I was swapping wheels I noticed I had the Eibach Pro springs installed already (1.1" drop), but unfortunately one of the front springs is completely broken near the top. Grrrr! Since I don't think they sell them individually, looks like a waste of an entire set! :( Pics later today.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice hood ryan, i have the same one for my GT but carbon fiber, I didnt know they made one for the mx6, never seen one on one before

10121 - 10140 of 12501 Posts