10141 - 10160 of 12501 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice Mach Lip I have the same one as well haha

·
Registered
283 Posts
Anybody know what car i should get NGK plugs from for my ZE ? just a PGT? OR MX6? or does it even matter?

·
Registered
283 Posts
i guess they are saying just NGK plugs from a 2.0 probe is what goes in the KLZE....kinda weird i think but i guess they are shorter so the pistons dont bump them, anybody else heard that?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Anybody know where to get center caps for FD rims? fairly cheap? or will any mazda rim centercaps fit?

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Yes, for those that don't know, the 5-6-7 denotes the heat range, bigger number is colder.

MX6s came with a heat range 5, probes with a 6. Why, I do not know. :p

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Yes, for those that don't know, the 5-6-7 denotes the heat range, bigger number is colder.

MX6s came with a heat range 5, probes with a 6. Why, I do not know. :p
probes were heavier and always under more load, so ran hotter...not really;) I didn't know that anyways...I have 6's in my 2gen, it came with a set and I got a set in another engine that was never fired...actually I called you that night trying to figure something out with it...I think gap

·
Registered
283 Posts
Does the ZE use the same plug wires as the DE?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ashton, yes. Same wires. Get a set of Kingsborne wires. That is what I am running and they rock.

On a separate note... I got a speeding ticket this morning on a street where I NEVER SPEED!! He says he clocked me at 12 over, but when I asked to see the reading he told me it had already shut off. WTF!!
Has anyone here ever disputed a speeding ticket and seen benefit from doing so? (Beyond emotional gratification)

-Nick

·
Registered
283 Posts
ya i was planning on getting kingsborne wires thats what im running on my 93 right now and they do rock! haha i just wanted to make sure 1st...

another ZE quesion they use the same disty as well?

·
Registered
582 Posts
another ZE quesion they use the same disty as well?
Yes and no. The distributor that comes with the ZE is not the one you should use. Use a DE disty in your ZE and it will work just fine.

-Nick

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Nick, I'm not familiar with specifics of Utah law, much less in your area, but I seem to recall hearing something about an officer being required to show you the radar if he said he has it.

However, I also remember something about an officer's speed estimating abilities to be acceptable as proof. :rolleyes:

Let me know what you end up doing, I'm curious. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey guys hows it going, so for the past week my cars windows have been going up and down slow and i was wondering what was going on. Then last night i got off work and was driving home and my guage cluster lights were really dim and they were getting darker as i drove then right as i pulled into my neighbor hood my headlights went out. I assumed my alternator belt had broke or my alternator went out. So i popped my hood and looked and sure enough no alternator belt. So today i went and bought a new belt and got home to put it on and noticed something kind of funny with the harmonic balancer. It seems as though the outter ring on the outter pulley of the harmonic balancer is gone. Have any of you ever had this happen? So i guess im going to replace the harmonic balancer, not looking forward to it because im sure the bolt that holds it on is going to put up one hell of a fight.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Getting that bolt off isn't too terrible; getting it back on and tight is a fight. It is doable though. Don't worry too much about it.

-Nick

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nick Do you have a egr plumbed to your ZE manifold? also when you did your swap did you replace your valve stem seals?

sorry asking so many questions, my motor is going to the machine shop very shortly so im trying to finish getting the last few things ordered/purchased

Bill you still up for doing the motor swap before winter? if so do you know how to do the a/c delete as well?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I don't think they are required to have a radar reading, it just helps them fight their case easier if they have...with him turning it off, I don't think they can use that if you fight it, if they are going to use it, I think they are required to show it if asked, but not terribly sure on that...

on another note...if since you guys aren't running the ze disty, how much would you sell one for?

10141 - 10160 of 12501 Posts