Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 12501 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Bill, I think I can make it up for the first part of the day. What time do you normally get up in the morning? I can come over like an hour after that or something.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I'll be up around 8ish. Anytime after 9 would be great. How long do you think you'll have?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Give me a time, and this time, I promise, I'l be there.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Till like later afternoon. If I'm back by 5pm-ish that's good. So I'll be there like around 9:30-10am? Do you have a welder at your place? I was wondering if I could weld some brackets up real quick for my seats. Just pretty much squared angle pieces so I can just bolt it right up to the factory mounting bolts. I need something to hold the seats more secure under agressive driving. I'd imagine I could do that in 30 minutes or less.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ryan, any way I can run out there tonight to pick up that flywheel. Did you say that you also have an oil pressure switch for a probe. I have one for a mazda but it is not the same as the probe one. Call me and let me know. 801-792-4909

Nick

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
My neighbor accross the street will let us use his welder. As long as we catch him while he's home.
I'll be home tomorrrow, I promise!
I'm not going to check here again till Monday, so call me if you have any quesitons or problems.
Anyone else want to stop by, we'll be there.
955-3096

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Well, as promised Vids and Pics from Vegas!!

Saturday started off with meeting Rob, Jamin's friend with a built Grand Am Quad4 Turbo...this thing was fun...rediculously un-tuned on 7-8 psi, backfiring a LOT from being so rich...and easily already as quick as Goldy...First vid, a shot of the engine bay, turbo ect and revving it a bit...

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=43A62042-158B-4F87-B3EF-C46AD38BE3EF

And getting some rides...it was soo fun...
My ride:
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=BC2994DE-D28F-4C01-AEA4-B223E377D6DA
Others:
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=14B56412-27B7-4F0D-B78C-941A26ECD359
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=4C0F3129-1A8E-40DD-91EB-489B3B7335E2

Yeah...It was good. Then, tossed the Drag Radials on Kitty and headed off to the drag strip...But first, a Supra Vs a Grand National...Sucker missed 2nd..badly and still ran a 10!!
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=86EFDE25-C8D4-46EE-BB54-6F80559D1D48

Then, Kitty's turn...

There's more vids if you want them, but this was the honey. Ran the 15.5 with this run, and it was fun because I was against a slow ass stock Eclipse...non-turbo...gave him a good two and a half lead off the line...and watch how bad I beat him!!
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=30767A22-7D33-4DCD-A4D9-BCBA4D93CB65

And then a slower run...but a great 2.1 60' launch after a long staging light...you can hear the motor just spinning at 6k rpm wiating for it :D

Yeah, well then Pics...there's always a mini car show at the Vegas Midnight Mayhem.....
Hummer H2:

And the paint on this 350Z was VERY pretty:

Girly...But cool paint...

Yeah, fun racing...And more to come!! But first we HAD to party :D

First, Star Trek: The Experience!
Yeah, if you didn't know...I'm a big Geek...Total Trekkie....

And we spotted this in a parking garage...Look at the licence plate!!! :lol:

Jamin and Sarah took off for a nudie bar...Paige and I found a Party with a live cover band at Margaritaville....

And out Waitres...Brought us lots of drinks, and even food when they were technically done...She was awesome...and freakishly enough had the exact same eye color as Paige...who's face I drunkenly cut off...SORRY PAIGE!!

And can't forget this beautiful pic I almost accidentially got of the Aladdin...The ceiling is painted like the sky, and this pic turned out to make it look like night, though the second one shows more accurately what it looked like...

AND THE AUTOCROSS!!! YAY!!!
Mmmm...It was a fun course...unfortunately the night before...Well...I'll tell you about that in a minute... ;)

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
ryan! I'm buying probinator's motor!!!!! I'm driving out next weekend to bring that baby home!

and on an angrier note, I hate exhaust downpipe bolts!!!!!!! aaahhhh!!!! I was trying to get that damn turbo off today, and I couldn't figure out wtf was holding it on, so I tried at some downpipe to o2 housing bolts...that was a waste! I got one off in about 30 minutes...it was so damn hard. and then it was bent. I got one exhaust mani bolt that was bent, one heat shield bolt bent, and the one DP bolt I took off was bent! grrr....I need powertools BAD....

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Great Pictures Ryan! Thanks for sharing.

Well after two really great attempts, both welding and then drilling ... we were unsuccessful at extracting those damn motor mount bolts. Seems like our only remaining option is to weld the mount directly to the block. Really sucks cause I can't race it comfortably with only that one bolt, and she's finally running terrific too! But I don't want to think about that right now.

CEL is GONE ... and VRIS is operational. Along with both my Crank position Sensor and Knock Sensor. If you think those don't make much a difference think again! My car feels totally different now and I am POSITIVE I can take out Kitty now. Thanks Bill! I will G-Tech it tomorrow. For tonight, I'm done!

*NOTE* There is still some really wierd stuttering/hesitation though. It's wierd. When I first start the car it runs just smooth, but after a while it will start to stutter and miss like I have bad spark. I replaced all my plugs last night ... I noticed that my #3 cylinder is not nearly as grey/burnt looking at the others. Still trying to figure that out.

·
Registered
582 Posts
So Ryan, how about that flywheel? I also need that oil pressure jiggy thinga-ma-whatta. You know the one, it sends a message to the gauge in the car. I need one for a probe, not a mazda. I was going to get one from Bill, but when I went to his house today, no one was home. I would prefer to come down today to pick those up. Thanks.

Nick

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Nick, I should be back at my house tonight, I'll call you and let you know just when you can come and get them.

And the pics...there's more to come...That's just the first part of the trip :D

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
220 Posts
In SLC for the weekend

Hi All,

I was just in SLC for the weekend and was driving around looking for a house in So. Jordan and came across a guy driving a silver 6 w/o a spoiler and kind of primered. Is that anyone that posts here?

I also was in Lehi at my sisters home and off of Canyon Rd was a green 6. Again anyone here with that car?

Look forward to catching up with you all after the first of the year.

Slidin Sideways,

Mike:wave:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Crimson Fox said:
So Ryan, how about that flywheel? I also need that oil pressure jiggy thinga-ma-whatta. You know the one, it sends a message to the gauge in the car. I need one for a probe, not a mazda. I was going to get one from Bill, but when I went to his house today, no one was home. I would prefer to come down today to pick those up. Thanks.

Nick
I was home... Just to early to answer the door. You should have called first so I could have put some clothes on. I figured it was the missionaries or something.

Sorry. But if you still need them I do have a good flywheel, and probe oil sensor. The flywheel would not need to be turned, It looks to be in good shape.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Mike, I don't know either of those two cars. When you get in town permanatly, you'll need to do some recruting.

Josh, that's awesome! I'm happy that the beast is running good now! I'm kind of confused why I helped you make your car faster than mine??!! Just kidding! I hope it stays running good now. At least thru the winter.

Oh, and I forgot on Saturday, but I want to get a couple more runs on the gtech, now that I replaced the tiny little air filter.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
In the Lehi area that MAY have been Josh...

Don't know anything about the silver one though...If you see a Red one on RX-8 rims, thats me...or a Black one, lowered a bit on some 7-spoke Silver 16's that would be my sis :)

Nick...Got the oil pressure sensor sending unit and flywheel in my car at work...just left you a message :)

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I was just in SLC for the weekend and was driving around looking for a house in So. Jordan and came across a guy driving a silver 6 w/o a spoiler and kind of primered. Is that anyone that posts here?
Heh, that sounds like my car before I put the spoiler on... But I was 3.5hours away this weekend.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ryan, give me the address to the shop that you work at and I will come and pick those up after work today. I get off at 5pm.

Nick

1001 - 1020 of 12501 Posts